Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really debating over this ...your thoughts?

larryk56

The equinox looks like a great machine however, I am not totally
sold on it. Well someone help me understand.

Besides looking at the new Equinox, I am considering the new AT MAX.

The reason I am considering it is because of the iron audio feature in the ATMAX.
The only big difference I see is that the Equinox has a wide frequency range?

Any thoughts on these 2 machines?

read it, and the differences will become quite clear for you to make an educated decision.

Equinox has iron audio. Most top end machines do its nothing special

Good things come to those who wait. I hope, I actually hate every minelab machine ive ever owned with exception of the Excalibur. I just hate how slow they are but i preordered the equinox with high hopes it is nothing like the ctx or the etrac. Fingers crossed they got it right this time.

Garrett iron audio will drive you bonker. It’s WAY too loud. I prefer the “grunts” of machines that tell me iron is present not mind blasting audio when I turn it on,

I have had 2 at max now about to sell my last one, too heavy and not as user friendly as my ctx and deus, just cant see what everyone sees in the AT series

AT Max = single frequency, Equinox = multifrequency. That's not a "wider frequency range", it's a technology in a class of its own. That's like saying the only difference between an AT Pro and an E-Trac are the frequency range and some different options. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

beegees said:
I am an AT Pro user and was initially going to jump to the max but when trying out a friends it surprised me how different the sounds were ( i really dislike the sounds) and realized it's something completely different even if it looks the same. The newer tech doesn't impress me, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't take the time to learn it like you would a new machine. Right off the bat I was having to turn down the juice soo far just to get it to quiet down in what I thought was normal easy dirt. I'm used to AT chirps but this was annoying. I'm choosing to find something else. Maybe Garrett's next big thing will rope me back. As a company they seem to always have your back.

I'm looking into the Kruzer Multi (multi frequency), and also maybe the White's MXsport. I need to be able to use on land and water in the same day with something that won't bird chip my brains out. Any other thoughts on EQx alternatives that even if won't meet ML EQ claims but that might be good machines around or under the cost of an EQ 800?

Kruzer isn't multi-frequency. It's selectable, single frequency VLF.

with what is going on with the Equinox.....availability.
That means eventually, people will get out info on them at Finds, other detecting sites and youtube.
Of course there is the 'bay--if you are willing to pay...'a little' over retail. :unsure:

I am also waiting for some reports on the EQ. Its between that or an AT also for me.

C U later
Tom N.H.
LFOD !

With the current offerings, I don't think the AT series is worth the money. Neither is the MX Sport.

I love the Nokta/Makro lines and would get the Multi Kruzer. The Equinox is hyped, but I haven't seen enough from testers to buy into it yet. Maybe after it's been out a while.

larryk56 said:
The equinox looks like a great machine however, I am not totally
sold on it. Well someone help me understand.

Besides looking at the new Equinox, I am considering the new AT MAX.

The reason I am considering it is because of the iron audio feature in the ATMAX.
The only big difference I see is that the Equinox has a wide frequency range?

Any thoughts on these 2 machines?

Even the testers who have posted "tests" on the Equinox are contradicting themselves by reporting how well they have done in "beat to death sites" and then stating later that, in all reality , what the Equinox had found would most likely by found by other detectors as well. There are probably some extremely good deals out there on a MAX right now that would make it very tempting. Until something more concrete is available on the Equinox , which may not be until late Summer the way it's going , I would consider any number of equal detectors including the Kruzer

How come nobody talks about the QuestPro coming out next week? Waterproof, wireless, 3 selectable frequencies, smartphone app to track your finds (like the CTX I think).

and they follow a formulae. (Whatever they say you take with a grain of salt--a fist full of rock salt is more appropriate) :drinking:
They go into hard hit "pounded" sites, and magically pull out silver--every time! (and the unit is at 'presets')
The guys ALWAYS find something they do not like...nitpicking actually.
Then give it their seal of approval.
I have never read a test that, flunked one. (even a Jetco Mustang will find a beverage can.)

There is very little tester video out there, which i think is odd. Of the videos i have seen i am not impressed in the least. But bottom line is the features it offers, regardless if it is as good as HYPED, will still be a decent machine for the money. So basically you can't go wrong, i am sure it will be as good as the AT series at the very least. I have almost all detectors there is, Max is a good machine but with one feature it would climb much higher in my regards, if it had a way to turn down iron audio, it is too over powering.