Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Really don't like the WS6 headphones

RichW

!st time out today and I struggled with these headphones all day. Never felt comfortable with them, I'm used to the WS5's on my Deus 1. Lots of wind and wave noise. The BH01's look like they would fit better. Anyone tried the Grey Ghost, looking for feedback? The detector. worked fine in the wet and dry sand, I guess it will be a while before we see the WSA II-XL's

I agree. I HATE these headphones. The massively expensive unit is precariously attached to a cheap plastic head gear that HURTS your ears, doesn't keep your ears warm in winter, doesn't keep out ambient noise which is the point of headphones to begin with, uses a 15 yr old charging cord, and you have to extricate your head from them to change volume....other than that they are perfect.

I feel your pain. They do not seem to fit flat over the ears. I think it is because they are too narrow for my head and cover only the rear portion of my ear. The front sides are open to wind and noise.
They also feel like they are ready to fall off. I did purchase a" cover the ear" head phones for the Puck for my ORX last year and use that most of the time now. Works on the Deus 2.

XP uses a lot of plastic on their gear - I after a year I just broke my holster for the M-6 Pin pointer the plastic split last time out. Then the Plastic Clip on the cable of the Pin pointer got stiff and would not open. trying to open it I broke that too.
So I purchase a shoulder bag that has a pocket for the Pin Pointer. It was time for a newer bag anyway. :shrug:

If you search Google for “HD Compatible Wireless Headphones for XP Deus”, they seem to universally get good reviews and what I’ll be ordering.

I ordered the quest headphones (129.00) and they work and feel great. I liked the WS5 headphones that came with the Deus 1 but these sound and feel just as good with the Deus 2. Bought the Gray Ghost for the deus and did not like them and sent them back.

!st time out today and I struggled with these headphones all day. Never felt comfortable with them, I'm used to the WS5's on my Deus 1. Lots of wind and wave noise. The BH01's look like they would fit better. Anyone tried the Grey Ghost, looking for feedback? The detector. worked fine in the wet and dry sand, I guess it will be a while before we see the WSA II-XL's
I don't like the W6 headphones either so I went with the Gray Ghost and they work great...for me! I prefer the full size style.

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_063245249.jpg
    IMG_20220401_063245249.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
I ordered the quest headphones (129.00) and they work and feel great. I liked the WS5 headphones that came with the Deus 1 but these sound and feel just as good with the Deus 2. Bought the Gray Ghost for the deus and did not like them and sent them back.
Is your WS6 module locking in place on your quest headphones?
If not see this video I did.

I had a little trouble with the puck snapping into place so I put a little "lubricant", dishwashing liquid,on the headphone attachment side. Snapped right into place!

Same thing here Rich. I thought it was my head shape. They felt like they were on the back part of my ears and they were going to fall off. Also, my coat coller kept rubbing on the darn things. Yea, I like the full sized headphones that I ordered but had to settle for these things . . . got the 9" coil though. I called my dealer about the full HP's and the 11" coil. He called XP and they said they would get them to him sometime this year, hmm. . .what can ya do.

I don't like the W6 headphones either so I went with the Gray Ghost and they work great...for me! I prefer the full size style.
HD, I like GG's, can you shoot us a model # ? . . .these are wireless and sync easily?

Thanks to all that replied and for your comments. Looks like the only good choices currently for wireless phones are Quest and Grey Ghosts. And the only choice for wired phones if you wade deep or dive are the BH-01's.

Same thing here Rich. I thought it was my head shape. They felt like they were on the back part of my ears and they were going to fall off. Also, my coat coller kept rubbing on the darn things. Yea, I like the full sized headphones that I ordered but had to settle for these things . . . got the 9" coil though. I called my dealer about the full HP's and the 11" coil. He called XP and they said they would get them to him sometime this year, hmm. . .what can ya do.

HD, I like GG's, can you shoot us a model # ? . . .these are wireless and sync easily?
I got these from a sponsor on here...BBH. Don't know the model # but there is a higher priced set of GG. Paid $150 for these. Wireless, just slide the puck in, fire the Deus2 up and should be good to go.

Last edited:
I have quest headphones and they work great!