Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reason #5 to Dig Those Zincs!!

tiftaaft

I went out to my local school/soccer field last night to get a little post rain hunting in. I gathered about $3.00 in clad over about an hour swinging the etrac in Andy's pattern, and started heading back toward the car. I got a solid 12-37 at 3" and decided to dig the zincoln. Out popped the end of a .925 bracelet. 17 grams of silver. I tested it out if the ground and got the same reading.

Both my gold rings, two silver rings and now this silver bracelet rang in between 12-35 and 12-38.. and in all these cases, I thought I was digging zinc pennies. Just goes to show you... dig those solid signals!! :) HH! Tim

Nice find Tim! This is the one you were talking about! Very nice, now you got me all pumped up! Congrats! Nice find!

tiftaaft said:
I went out to my local school/soccer field last night to get a little post rain hunting in. I gathered about $3.00 in clad over about an hour swinging the etrac in Andy's pattern, and started heading back toward the car. I got a solid 12-37 at 3" and decided to dig the zincoln. Out popped the end of a .925 bracelet. 17 grams of silver. I tested it out if the ground and got the same reading.

Both my gold rings, two silver rings and now this silver bracelet rang in between 12-35 and 12-38.. and in all these cases, I thought I was digging zinc pennies. Just goes to show you... dig those solid signals!! :) HH! Tim

Congrats finding that awesome chunk of silver. You are absolutely right Tim. Never leave a zinc or any solid signal in the ground.

Thanks ESE and CZ. I'm sure others have mastered the tone to know the difference between a zinc and gold or silver... but I have been surprised on several occasions. Lowered Expectations I guess ;). Hope to post even more "zinc" finds soon!! Tim.

Congrat's on a great find..

I've noticed in the past year or so that a lot of places I go to that their is not any zincs to be found. I guess a lot of other ppl have figured that out too,,,,, but not me, I'm getting too old to dig those zinc's, lol

mcb613 said:
Andcresson number two is half dimes at 36/37.

Half dimes are few and far between in our neck of the woods (PacNW)... our populated ground is not as old as Midwest and Eastern location... but you are right... another reason to dig those zinc numbers. Thanks McB.

Awesome find!

i dont know if this works for the rest of you but; when i pinpoint a penny signal , if the item is actually a silver, my number will go up at the last pinpoint sweep. to say 12 37 to 12 38 or 39.
this has given me a heads up on most occasions to something other than zinc.

you try.

Nice find.
In pinpoint mode, wouldn't you be able to tell you have a larger target for the bracelet as opposed to a small zinc penny by how long it takes to go from one end of the target to the other?
Often, in pinpoint mode, say if a squashed pop can is coming up silver, in pinpoint mode I can tell the largeness of the object by how long it takes from the beginning to the end of the target
whether it's a coin or smashed can. Of course this is with the Explorer SE but I'd think all pinpoints on detectors do the same.