Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reasons why you stick with an E-Trac over the newer machines

Elmy

Please list you reason you have decided the etrac was a keeper.
Me First...
I do not run Andy S pattern , why should I be digging what could be a coin when I could be digging what should be a coin?
It is too open and Yes, I started off with it loaded up and dreaming to collect many treasures...just didn't happen...I needed a coin program.
With my magic program I am able to isolate the coin in iron, yes ! IN IRON...and id the coin with an acceptable "this should be a coin id."
Many can say that is impossible, but when you pull 4 or 5 nails out of a hole or a big rusty bolt and still get a coin id in the hole, it is magic !

Also the depth with the 12 x 10 sef coil is unbelievable....I know some who try to find the iron laden places or nail beds just because the know it is possible to
locate the coins in iron so many have missed....or have pulled up a nail and walked away thinking....just a nail...
The etrac is hard to learn but once it is mastered, it is a very deep and reliable detector....It just finds coins.

I keep coming back to the Etrac because in 'in the field' testing it performs on par with, or better, than my other detectors. It's ability to ID silver is the cherry on top.

For me, the etrac was hard to master, and AndyS was always my go to program-- duh he's the expert, right?-- in hopes of finding gold. After digging a ton of trash and all the gold I found rang up as a nickel, I just mentally tuned most of the screen out. Besides, everybody parrots the dictum that nulling iron will null good signals. Additionally, imo, the way we were told to use quickmask has been dead wrong.

So with this mindset, it becomes customary and usual to come home with a few keepers and a pouch full of trash.

Fast forward, I started experimenting with your Magic 110 program, and my trash finds went to almost zero. If the etrac says there's a coin, there is a coin. Been more than a few times where I feel like I'm chasing my tail, pulling nails out of a hole, and finally that sweet silver emerges.

This setup has been helping my gal who is swinging my Nox: I'll run my machine over every target she intends to dig, giving thumbs up/down. Nothing will kill somebody's interest in the hobby faster than digging nails all day.

Well, at least until you dig 5-7 nails at depth down to 8” and keep getting a good big silver number! Yes, I’ve dug my fair share of square nails but after clearing the above mentioned nails and getting that 1922 Peace Dollar Im not so fast to call a nail a nail. On my F75 nails have been consistent at 93 and occasionally 94. The dollar kept flashing a slightly lower number and it was consistent and getting more “confident” as the nails were removed.
In my world I’ve yet to pull any coins in the 97-99 range, just chunky iron pieces. Yet to have anything hit 95-96 so still curious there. That big silver Tiffany ring was 90-91 so I tend towards digging 92 and below and so far the finds have been better.

Well, at least until you dig 5-7 nails at depth down to 8” and keep getting a good big silver number! Yes, I’ve dug my fair share of square nails but after clearing the above mentioned nails and getting that 1922 Peace Dollar Im not so fast to call a nail a nail. On my F75 nails have been consistent at 93 and occasionally 94. The dollar kept flashing a slightly lower number and it was consistent and getting more “confident” as the nails were removed.
In my world I’ve yet to pull any coins in the 97-99 range, just chunky iron pieces. Yet to have anything hit 95-96 so still curious there. That big silver Tiffany ring was 90-91 so I tend towards digging 92 and below and so far the finds have been better.
From what I have read and heard you are doing just fine with the f75.....it is the trash that slows you down as you dig it even after you think or have realized it probably is trash.....wasting a lot detecting time....for one glorious good find amongst a pile of trash finds. You know your coins id...so you need more time trying to isolate the good target in the trash.... again.....just my observation....if you want to know what Elmy would do. If not , that is ok too as you are digging, not me.

Elmy, I’m now playing with a different set of settings where its in monotone and old nails show up in the 6-7 range as they should. What little I have experimented it seems to work well. Draw back? Its monotone so more time watching the screen for numbers above iron. Nickels up average to tab range and pennies into the dime range but none the less its a coin. Zinc remains zinc but it “tics” a bit at the start of the tone as do crimped bottle caps. Thus I’m digging less trash now.

Elmy...How long do you think Minelab will support the e-trac since production has ended?
There has been no updates...no improvements on the etrac.
The etrac is built like a tank...they don't break...they just wear out...or get scratched up from battle wounds....
Minelab is done with the etrac and what parts are available will soon be gone...
Some have more than one etrac.....some like new in a box stored away for a rainy day...
I think you will hear of and see minelab etrac finds for a long time....your explorer still works doesn't it?
When the etrac forum is gone...todays finds will still have etrac coins found posts.
Minelabs should have redesigned the etrac into a lighter detector and kept it alive.

SO yes.....minelab has dropped the etrac...but a dozen or so still swing it and will swing it without minelab support.

Yes! The Explorer works just fine! I do switch between detectors so I keep both of them ready to go. Maintenance is an important thing to me. I suppose that is why my truck has 200 k on the clock! Now we know that other machines are coming out and they would really have to impress me over my two Minelab detectors. You take care Elmy and have a Happy and Joyous Thanksgiving!

Yes! The Explorer works just fine! I do switch between detectors so I keep both of them ready to go. Maintenance is an important thing to me. I suppose that is why my truck has 200 k on the clock! Now we know that other machines are coming out and they would really have to impress me over my two Minelab detectors. You take care Elmy and have a Happy and Joyous Thanksgiving!
Same to you Ted....we sure have had our in and outs but we came out on top !
AS more testing is being done with my magic program....I was thinking that this may also work on explorers and ctx 3030's too.
I will try to stay up on it's progress with the guys that are using it and still able to hunt at least once in awhile in the colder weather.
as always ...time will tell on any program...if it holds up, I will let you all know about it.

From what I have observed , a dollar would come in at 90-91 on your f75....so you would have been trying to isolate the 90-91...getting it to repeat more often.
That is what I would call digging a should be a coin id....anything above 92 would be a could be a dollar signal or a no dig target.
Just the way I think about any target I get over. The main thing is to isolate that target to get the coin id.
And as far as the fisher brand of detectors...I KNOW NOTHING !

From what I have observed , a dollar would come in at 90-91 on your f75....so you would have been trying to isolate the 90-91...getting it to repeat more often.
That is what I would call digging a should be a coin id....anything above 92 would be a could be a dollar signal or a no dig target.
Just the way I think about any target I get over. The main thing is to isolate that target to get the coin id.
And as far as the fisher brand of detectors...I KNOW NOTHING !
NOW BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC PLEASE...

Reasons why you stick with an E-Trac over the newer machines​

The main reasons are:
There is SO much audio information on this machine from the modulation to the tonal range.
That coupled with the great depth, unmasking in iron and junk, coil choices and durability, makes it an unbeatable machine. It takes alot of hours in the field to learn most all of the
details that it is telling you but the machine has a very high ceiling once you hit that point.

Dave

NOW BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC PLEASE...

Reasons why you stick with an E-Trac over the newer machines​

The main reasons are:
There is SO much audio information on this machine from the modulation to the tonal range.
That coupled with the great depth, unmasking in iron and junk, coil choices and durability, makes it an unbeatable machine. It takes alot of hours in the field to learn most all of the
details that it is telling you but the machine has a very high ceiling once you hit that point.

Dave
Dave, you have mastered the ETrac !
You have become part human and part machine! Keep up the jaw dropping finds!

Please list you reason you have decided the etrac was a keeper.
Me First...
I do not run Andy S pattern , why should I be digging what could be a coin when I could be digging what should be a coin?
It is too open and Yes, I started off with it loaded up and dreaming to collect many treasures...just didn't happen...I needed a coin program.
With my magic program I am able to isolate the coin in iron, yes ! IN IRON...and id the coin with an acceptable "this should be a coin id."
Many can say that is impossible, but when you pull 4 or 5 nails out of a hole or a big rusty bolt and still get a coin id in the hole, it is magic !

Also the depth with the 12 x 10 sef coil is unbelievable....I know some who try to find the iron laden places or nail beds just because the know it is possible to
locate the coins in iron so many have missed....or have pulled up a nail and walked away thinking....just a nail...
The etrac is hard to learn but once it is mastered, it is a very deep and reliable detector....It just finds coins.
I'm not budging off the Minelab Etrac i think the Makro Nokta/Makro the new legend is a hyped up simplex regardless of how they say it not impressed with what i see about it besides being water proof!

I'm not budging off the Minelab Etrac i think the Makro Nokta/Makro the new legend is a hyped up simplex regardless of how they say it not impressed with what i see about it besides being water proof!
the new legend does have a lot of the etrac options...just a time will tell if it can compete with the top detectors all are using out in the fields.

Dave, you have mastered the ETrac !
You have become part human and part machine! Keep up the jaw dropping finds!
He puts in a lot of hours I'm sure and travel to make those finds I wish I could my wife would disown me if I detected all weekend lol..

He puts in a lot of hours I'm sure and travel to make those finds I wish I could my wife would disown me if I detected all weekend lol..
Do a trial run and see what happens 🤭