Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Receive a 17" Smart Coil with the purchase of a new Minelab CTX 3030

DaytonaGold

Great deal, wish I could have waited a while longer to take advantage of this deal.

Wow....

That ticks me off, since I just bought one the last weekend in July. They should allow those of us who recently purchased one to show our receipt and get the same deal.

Well damn! From a marketing standpoint, do you wonder why they would do this? Are they trying to make it more tempting because of all the problems people are reporting?

I talked to my dealer and he contacted Minelab and they told him it did not go into effect until Sept 9, but on their Facebook page it says CTX purchased in the month of Sept not alluding to any date. Firstly this is such a poor marketing decision, if you plan a promotion that starts on a certain date the ANNOUNCE IT PRIOR TO THAT DATE it would help to persuade those that are teetering on the purchase to have a reason to do so. I called and they said they would call me back with the proper person to talk to, I will see what they say. I would suggest if you purchased a CTX this month of Sept to contact them and perhaps they will understand that they are making people upset.

I have two E-Tracs, X-Terra 705 and accessories, I have been a loyal Minelab customer for years I would hope that they would show loyalty to their customers.

The detecting season in the North is winding down for many folks, so I don't see anything wrong with offering a promotion that was not available during the prime time. It's not really any different than a retailer offering a discount or promotion on baseball bats in the Fall or snow skis in the Spring. :confused:

ZOFCHAK said:
The detecting season in the North is winding down for many folks, so I don't see anything wrong with offering a promotion that was not available during the prime time. It's not really any different than a retailer offering a discount or promotion on baseball bats in the Fall or snow skis in the Spring. :confused:

You are correct but missing the point, they say "PURCHASED IN SEPT" and mine was. I am not complaining about a detector bought earlier in the year, I bought it in the month described.

Bell-Two said:
ZOFCHAK said:

You are correct but missing the point, they say "PURCHASED IN SEPT" and mine was. I am not complaining about a detector bought earlier in the year, I bought it in the month described.

Sorry, my comment wasn't directed at you in particular. Just in general to those that somehow feel that they were shortchanged by not getting the same deal earlier on.

I was gonna say about being up North...fields being harvested equals hunting galore til the ground freezes up here!

I can not wait for the fields to be cut!

Nice deal.

For my hunting I prefer the 6in over the manhole cover 17in though.

Question-
if we had known of this deal, say, in February, would anyone have waited and forgone all the goodies found with the CTX since then? Remember, its a free coil based upon the purchase of the detector that you wouldn't have had if you were waiting for this deal.

I also wonder if to get the free coil youd have to pay full MAP price now anyway?

FooserPaul said:
Yeah... all of us schmucks that already purchased... can get one for $399....

*sigh*

Yeah, I bought mine mere months ago. Paid full pop and I didn't even get a kiss or lube, much less a 17" coil for the trouble. The early adopters always get the shaft. I guess marketing thinks the model is maturing and it's time to beef up sales.

Signed - pissed off I didn't wait.

Check out the facebook page they changed the post and now say Sept 9 the original post, which I copied said Sept...

Guess sales are slowing way down on the Ctx now. I bought mine last year and then shelled for the large and 6" coils. It does big me they are giving everything away now, but hey, 182 silvers is nothing to sneeze at. Great machine.