Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent surprise find....

fwcrawford

I found this item a couple days ago and have been cleaning on it,
When I found it, I thought at first it was a utility pole tag, but I could just make out some writing on it that made me save it to look at later.
I'm glad I saved it now.. first one of these I have ever found and not sure if I have seen any found on the forum.
I did not know they even existed.
Thanks for looking!!
IMG_0412.JPG

Very nice find. Most states had them as far back as the 1920's. They had pins on the back and the taxi drivers would pin them on their hats as well as on their shirts. Nice hunting.

A friend of mine was scraping some topsoil away behind her house for a garden and noticed something roundish. This was only 3-4” deep…….

Attachments

• E68C9AD8-81DB-48AF-9D91-D63911708DE7.jpeg
    E68C9AD8-81DB-48AF-9D91-D63911708DE7.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 111
I found this item a couple days ago and have been cleaning on it,
When I found it, I thought at first it was a utility pole tag, but I could just make out some writing on it that made me save it to look at later.
I'm glad I saved it now.. first one of these I have ever found and not sure if I have seen any found on the forum.
I did not know they even existed.
Thanks for looking!!
View attachment 21579
Sure is a beauty Felix!

They are a fun recovery. Dug and posted one 12 or so years ago here in Finds. Mine was shaped more like a Police badge and was called a Hacks License. From the low license number I determined it was issued about 1912 or 13 and not sure it perhaps was issued for a horse drawn taxi of vehicle. A guy tracked me down and wanted to buy it, but I think I still have it some place. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but to mention that a few have been posted. Neat find! HH jim tn

They are a fun recovery. Dug and posted one 12 or so years ago here in Finds. Mine was shaped more like a Police badge and was called a Hacks License. From the low license number I determined it was issued about 1912 or 13 and not sure it perhaps was issued for a horse drawn taxi of vehicle. A guy tracked me down and wanted to buy it, but I think I still have it some place. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but to mention that a few have been posted. Neat find! HH jim tn
I’d like to see a photo of the one you found..no worries about hijacking… 👍