Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent V3 finds.

RacerX

All coins found with the V3 with either 10x12 or 6x8 SEF coils.

1851o Seated Liberty Half dime

12-09finds002.jpg

12-09finds009.jpg

1870s Seated Liberty Dime. A little "rough" but I'll take it.

12-09finds007.jpg

1893s Barber Dime
12-09finds012.jpg

Misc mercs/rosies going back to the 20's

12-09finds014.jpg

1902, 1906 and 1907 V Nickels.
12-09finds025.jpg

Buffs
12-09finds017.jpg

Only one Indian recently
12-09finds019.jpg

A few wheats dating back to the teens (most are 20's). I should note almost all of these wheats were dominant in 7.5. I guess because they are older and have more bronze content?

12-09finds023.jpg

A few relics.

12-09finds022.jpg

Fantastic finds................:thumbup: It will be months yet before we will be able to get back out. I'm guessing maybe 9" of ice in the ground yet............:rage:..........:rant:

Very nice, great finds. It's good to see you are enjoying the V. Rob

Thanks everyone. :)

Larry (IL) said:
It will be months yet before we will be able to get back out.

I think I'd go crazy. We definately are fortunate to be able to hunt year round, but I may trade that for the older coins that seem so common out your way. Chance of getting a bust coin or a large cent is close to zero here. :sad: Even that 1851 half dime in the pic is extremely old for this area. It's my oldest coin by almost 20 years.

Man! Those are some cool old coins dude! We are havin a heat wave up here in Michigan, been in the mid 30's and going up to 40 this Saturday me and my buddy are are gonna try to find some thawed ground. Last week I found around $2.25 in clad in my favorite park, some dropped by sledders others I had to go throught the frozen ground. Felt great to be swingin the V again, been a couple weeks.
Thanks, Aaron

Aaron, if you find some fairly snow free area around trees, check it out.I dont know why but the ground around trees doesnt seem to freeze nearly as bad as open ground.Weve had the same weather here in S Dakota lately and the area around the trees is easy digging.

Thanks for the tip Nugget. We were finding parts in the park were the ground is just plain solid and then others soft as can be. Our winter here isnt nearly as bad as last year,,,so far!
We are plannin on hittin it hard this weekend with this warming trend, If I can find only one silver quarter I will be trilled!

:surprised:Nice find I have some good pull tabs I'm willing to trade :biggrin: Excellent great job what program do you use and do you modify it much. I crank up RX, DIS and AM. The oldest coin I have found 1889 Indian with my V

wrong way ron said:
what program do you use and do you modify it much.

Sorry Ron I missed that this thread had been topped and a question asked. Sorry, can't share my secret program. :nono: Kidding. I'm just using hi-pro with the upper numbers (90's) accepted. I accept these numbers because in my soil the high mineralization will make VDI numbers jump way up. If a quarter or half were deep enough it may be discriminated out. If you have moderate to mild soil I would just run hi-pro and turn sensativity up as conditions allow.