Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recent years some Very good water machines have been discontinued, are their replacements much better ?

Dancer

Most of you guys know more machines that I do. Back in 2013 when I was looking for my first (and only) water machine there were many to look at. I ended up with a Garrett Infinium, good buddy of mine went for the Whites Dualfield. For what we hunt, both machines have done well. Both of these machines, have been taken out of production. More than a few others I looked at back then, are gone too. So what other good water machines have bit the dust. And have they been replaced by much better machines?

The xcal II is a good one. I believe it's BBS not PI. Garrett Sea Hunter II is a PI. I have a Tarsacci it's a mix and not fully waterproof, only to so many feet. It runs mixed domain technology.

The xcal II is a good one. I believe it's BBS not PI. Garrett Sea Hunter II is a PI. I have a Tarsacci it's a mix and not fully waterproof, only to so many feet. It runs mixed domain technology.
Oops I misread that sentence, these are in production. Tesoros and Whites are gone.

Most of you guys know more machines that I do. Back in 2013 when I was looking for my first (and only) water machine there were many to look at. I ended up with a Garrett Infinium, good buddy of mine went for the Whites Dualfield. For what we hunt, both machines have done well. Both of these machines, have been taken out of production. More than a few others I looked at back then, are gone too. So what other good water machines have bit the dust. And have they been replaced by much better machines?
Tesoro Sand Shark and Tiger Shark are gone. Both would do well in the water but I don't consider either of them in the "best of" category although their price points were favorable. HeadHunter Pulse is gone. Great detector. Very good depth and informative audio for a pulse.

In my opinion, there are some pretty good water machines out there. Have not tried the Tarsacci MDT, but it looks like a good one. Have not tried the Equinox, it has a lot of users who swear by it, although I see several reports of flooded units and coil ears breaking. I've got Excal and an old reliable CZ20 (that this summer finally went unreliable, not ground balancing) both solidly built and are both very good, deep detectors. Of course the CZ20 has been replaced by the CZ21; essentially the same design with minor detail differences. The new Fisher Impulse AQ LTD is very impressive; yet with the very limited quantities and not a lot of information on a full production version, I think I need to wait for a full production version to declare it as an excellent detector that is in production. Full production version needs more battery capacity than the LTD and then there will be price point.

I used to own a Whites Beach hunter 300.......brilliant underated detector,i would have one again in a heartbeat if they still made them.I sold mine when i moved away from the coast and now i am moving back i wish i still had it.I've owned all types of beach machines including minelabs and the 300 was better than any of them.
I now have a Garrett Seahunter mk2 for the low water line and wading and an etrac so its easier on the more contaminated areas of the beach,i don't believe anything else out there will give me much of a performance advantage over these two and i speak from experience of comparing them to other dedicated beach machines.

Basstrackerman, got my interest on his new machine the Tarascci. Been out couple years, many years in the making. Did all the research I could find. So made in USA, no computer updates, 4 Frec's. I'm no way able to describe the technology, you got to look to the Pros for that. 3Rd hunt today I pulled five of the deepest dimes from the surf I've ever dug.

Attachments

• 20210128_112828.jpg
    20210128_112828.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 171
I read That it's Ip68 30mins at 6ft. I'm currently looking at the Tarascci as well as the Equinox 800...Big price difference., I think the Tarascci has a little edge over the EQ800 ..

Last couple years the most popular detectors on the beaches I've hunted are.
Nox 800 & 600's
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunters
Used to see a lot more
Xcals, Beach Hunters not so much anymore
It happens but not often to see a weekender wading. Unless your local or on a extended stay it's seems too hard.
I'm talking December threw February. On the Florida Gulf in my area. I imagine once the weather starts warming up many more types of machines start showing up.

I have used the head hunter pulse, excaliber, white's dual field & now the equinox. Only used the equinox this summer but I have high hopes for it. Use Patriot underwater head phones get real loud clear signals. Based on my limited use so far I really like it.

Basstrackerman, got my interest on his new machine the Tarascci. Been out couple years, many years in the making. Did all the research I could find. So made in USA, no computer updates, 4 Frec's. I'm no way able to describe the technology, you got to look to the Pros for that. 3Rd hunt today I pulled five of the deepest dimes from the surf I've ever dug.
First hunt with my Tarsacci and I got a strong signal right at the surf line. I dug down a measured 12" only to find an encrusted zincoln. I will vouch for the depths of this unit!