Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rechargable battery pack

Just wondering why a full charge on the rechargable pack only equates out to 9.45 volts every time on the v3i? Do i have a defective battery pack? Should i call whites customer service, or not.

If it is seated correctly and the contacts on both the cradle and pack are clean there is a problem. The packs usually will charge to 11.1 to 11.4v. Try putting the pack back in the charger when the light goes green.

Did it ever charge higher?

In my testing I never got over 10.5v out of the v3i Batt Packs.

Hey Rob just tried to pull out the battery, and put it back in and the red light comes back on. Ill see if that increases the voltage this time.

NiMH batteries have an operating voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, so if the pack is 9.6 volts or near that, it is considered a good charge. The batteries will peak charge as most do over that voltage but when used, it will quickly drop down to its operating voltage. To determine if your pack is defective is in how long a fully charged battery pack will last in your detector, anything less than 12 hours, I would give White's a call.

As Larry said it's how long they last until the voltage drops. The detector should operate just fine even in the 8+v range.

Alright thanks for the info guys. Mine does last allong time so i guess i will just run with it for now.

Sure enough pull the pack and start the charge again, and four hours later 10.4 volts!

The pack shuts off when it reaches a certain temperature. This done with a thermistor. That's why after it cools it can get a larger charge.