Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargeable Batteries &G2+

Why would you want to?----9v rechargables don't have a very long run time anyway (IMO) not worth the trouble.-----You can get 15-20 hrs run time on a 9v alkaline on the G2+/F-19.---Carry a spare alkaline 9v in your pocket (away from metal) that can be used to replace either the detector or hand held pinpointer if need be.---How cool is that!
TennRelic said:
Anyone using rechargeable batteries on the G2+?
Are they worth it?

I use Energizer and Tenergy 9V NiMHs in my pinpointers, F19 and Minuteman. They work great. Don't buy junk rechargeable or chargers. Good quality ones will last many years.

Since I work hard to find every penny I have zero problems using rechargeable batteries and eventually saving money in the long run while also not tossing one-time use batteries in the garbage.
I take mine to a battery store for recycling. I find too many batteries while detecting and the chemical halo they make in the ground is pretty amazing from a detecting stand point. They make quite a target and my pinpointer can still detect their residue in the hole after removing them.........

Jeff

With the Energizer and Energy NiMH 9 volts I get around 16 hours in my F19 without the backlight and using headphones. It would be less time with the light and internal speaker. I have also used and like EBL Lithium Ion rechargeables. I get 16 to 18 hours with less power drop off. I always have a fully charged spare with me.

When I haven't used my F19 for awhile there is little to no loss. I get about the same time in my Garrett pinpointers if I have the light off.

charging time is 2 to 3 hours.

Jeff

I use the Tenergy 9V NiMHs in my G2+ and have never had a problem. Don't last as long as non-chargeable, but I carry a couple of spares. Great way to save money.

I use the EBL lithium ion rechargeables in my F19's , G2 and my pinpointers. They last all day and then some. Haven't bought a throw away battery in years.