Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

rechargeable power pack

dfmike

Anybody tried the RnB power pack for the Equinox ? I was thinking about getting it in the winter months before I can get back out. Seems like an interesting backup if I ever forget to fully charge the detector before use. I read it takes a long time to charge. How long ?

Funny you should bring that up Mike. My machine was one of the first out so as a precaution I bought one last year and charged it up and have been packing it around in my day bag never needing it. So I decided to intentionally run my machine till it dropped it took 3 hunts and the volume began to fade and the last battery bar was flashing when I shut it down. dug out the power pack and the usb charge cord undid the handle screw snapped it in place tightened down the screw twisted cable a couple times around the handle popped magnetic end on and walla back to the hunt in less than 5 minutes. I never had issues with the cord coming off the machine in the 2 hours I hunted and I don't baby it around but not rough either. I actually forgot it was on after a few minutes except for the blinking charging light on the equinox. I should run the wm08 as well as anything with a usb charger cell phone etc.. It held a charge for a year but I don't remember how long it took to charge Mike. It gets a 5 star rating from me.

Attachments

• 20211209_202525.jpg
    20211209_202525.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Question do you leave your detector on charge all the time or take it off when you are not using it?

The detector runs off the power pack it does not charge the detector while you are using it. It will charge it if you turn it off but then you are not hunting which is the whole point of being able to continue hunting.

Question do you leave your detector on charge all the time or take it off when you are not using it?
No, I don't leave any batteries constantly on charge. Batteries today "like" less charge time. I keep my laptop on charge all the time though. Li-On batteries like less than 100 percent charge.

I agree , as it has been part of my arsenal for the better part of a year now. It attaches right to the shaft under the arm rest. it has also charged my cell phone and another RnB battery pack for the AT Max. Absolutely a worth while investment.

To answer your charge question Mike, it was down to 1 dot out of 4. over nit it was fully charged.

Y'all have a lot more stamina that I if you do a hunt long enough to empty a charged battery. I have packed a 10,000mah power bank and a charge cable for more than a year though. I figure I would make it thru a one days hunt. It's nice to have the gear for a charge in-between transits, but I simply don't get through 5 hour hunt anymore much less enough to empty a battery.

It is nice to have the backup pack though. Roughly, how many hours in a single day to you hunt to run out of battery? Thanks.

Btw, those power banks are on special price a lot if you look, $10-$12. I have a handful. It gets easy to grab a sweeter deal even though you don't need one anymore. The good thing about power banks is that they have their own regulator built in, so the cutoff feature of the Equinox has a second backup. Some of these wall warts don't even begin to cut off. Many do though. I just thought I would toss that in.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. For the price it seems to be well worth it. All my other machines take either AA or 9V batteries so backups are never an issue. At least with this thing I'll have peace of mind knowing I won't have to head home because I forgot to charge the built-in battery !