Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

recommend equipment

Bigda2

New guy, I live on the west coast and am interested in detecting on the beach in both dry and wet sand, I've got between $200 & $250 to spend including accessories I'm looking for some suggestions on what to buy.

Ouch...for New gear thats pretty slim for where you are and want to be hunting, BUT, if you get an F2, pay freight, and make your own scoop, you might have enough left over for some batteries to get you going.
It can be done.. on the used market, perhaps... or, if you find a local detectorist group, somebody there MAY let you borrow some of their gear to get you going, or sell you something suitable in that price range, or trade you something....with an F2, you could theoretically bang out some pretty good dollars in clad to save up for a good scoop, or you might find something big and gold right away to pay for more gear...Either way, you are not going to be out a whole lot of money, Good Luck!

You might get lucky on Craigslist or at a local pawn shop or garage sale, but be careful, or take somebody along that knows detectors to test it out before you buy..
Mud

I would shoot for something like a used Tesoro Compadre, Garrett Ace 250, or something like that. They are out there, just be patient. Those machines may not be able to hit the wet sand, but you may very well find enough with some time and persistence to upgrade to a machine that will. With that budget you are going to have to compromise somewhere I am afraid. Good Luck!

I'd suggest looking for a used Whites IDX Pro with a 950 coil and smaller coil. You could probably get going for $300. Or less. It's bang for the buck. Checkout field tests on this unit. My two cents worth.
HH - !