Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommendations for a lightweight midsize coil for the Etrac

rickinsdakota

I am looking into getting a midsized coil for my Etrac. I do have the X-5 for a small coil which is very light. As I am getting older I have a hard time getting more than about 2 hours with the stock coil. Does anyone know the difference in weight between the X-8 and the 6x8 SEF. Thanks.

Rick----I always weigh my coils when I get them on two different scales I have & then log them in my record book.-----I have owned/used both the X-8 & 6X8 SEF---according to my scales, the X-8 weights 16 oz. & the 6X8 SEF 18 oz. (this is with both coils having coil covers on).------Preference?--They are both excellent coils but I settled on the X-8.----IMO, the 6X8 gets a tad better target seperation & the X-8 gets a tad better depth.----I also feel the X-8 gives a "clearer" audio hit on targets (coins)---I use Sunray Pro Gold h.p.'s with my Etrac & think that helps audio wise also.----I hope this isn't sounding like a Sunray commercial but this is my opinion. :)-----------Del
rickinsdakota said:
I am looking into getting a midsized coil for my Etrac. I do have the X-5 for a small coil which is very light. As I am getting older I have a hard time getting more than about 2 hours with the stock coil. Does anyone know the difference in weight between the X-8 and the 6x8 SEF. Thanks.

I recommend you taking a look at Docs Swingy Thingy!!! I am currently buying one due to a tendon problem in my arm, they say these things are well worth the money!! And they are cheaper than a lighter weight coil. Just my 2 cents. I swing the Excelarator 6" coil 90% of the time and my arm still gives me problems.

I know when I use my procoil, then switch to my sef 6x8 coil, it feels like I have a feather on the end of my etrac, I absolutely love mine and it gets awesome depth, my best has been 9" on a seated dime using it

D&P-OR said:
Rick----I always weigh my coils when I get them on two different scales I have & then log them in my record book.-----I have owned/used both the X-8 & 6X8 SEF---according to my scales, the X-8 weights 16 oz. & the 6X8 SEF 18 oz. (this is with both coils having coil covers on).------Preference?--They are both excellent coils but I settled on the X-8.----IMO, the 6X8 gets a tad better target seperation & the X-8 gets a tad better depth.----I also feel the X-8 gives a "clearer" audio hit on targets (coins)---I use Sunray Pro Gold h.p.'s with my Etrac & think that helps audio wise also.----I hope this isn't sounding like a Sunray commercial but this is my opinion. :)-----------Del
rickinsdakota said:

I agree, sun ray is the best quality coils out.

Swing Thingy, won't hunt without one any more. But I'd also like an X-8 someday.