Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommendations on a 2nd relic detector

pvtcook

I want a really good machine to compliment my F75 Ltd2. Right now I have the XP Deus but I'm having trouble liking it. Would really like to try a good minelab. I posted on the ML page asking which detector they would recommend for relics and didn't get any response. I love my F75 been hunting w a F75 for 6 yrs. It seems to do best at finding lead. It's a bullet monster. However I feel the Xp beats it on other brass items. What relic machine would you guys recommend? I enjoy trying other detectors. I've tried the Tejon, MXT, AT Pro. Thanks for your input.

Teknetics G2. It's the best relic machine I've ever used. It eats buttons & brass. It's a bullet vacuum also. It also loves Indian penny's for some reason. I use the regular G2 not the plus. I have a F19 & I prefer the G2 over it. Very easy & simple machine to use. It's sneaky deep also. It really responds well to the bigger aftermarket coils. I use a NEL Attack & a ultimate coil on it. I dig 10"-12" minies all of the time with the Attack coil. Good luck & HH

I guess they didn't like me bragging up the Teknetics on the fisher site. Lol

A super good relic machine at a lower cost is the Eurotek Pro with 11" DD coil.

Awesome machine for the price.

markg said:
A super good relic machine at a lower cost is the Eurotek Pro with 11" DD coil.

Awesome machine for the price.
A lot of civil war camps have bad ground. I don't know how it would make out not being able to ground balance. It's a Tek it has to be good right? I love my G2 & F19 for civil war relic hunting.

Does ML not make a good relic detector? Just curious. I've always heard how good of a machine that they are. I would like to try one.

If I was looking at a minelab I would consider the E-trac. If it can find deep coins it should also be able to find relics.

Well Chuck I have almost bought one a few times. But have always read it was a coin machine. Not relics. I need to research them more. Minelabs that is.

If you already use a VLF machine as a Relic detector then perhaps look at a Pulse machine which would compliment the VLF,on some sites you just cannot use a vlf machine but a Pulse machine will shine through,which PI machine would i suggest that i am not sure as i dont have a clue what your budget is ?? but if you look at all the top CW guys and the machines they use they are more than likely using a Pulse machine for the extra depth but also some bad ground conditions.

Of course this is only a suggestion,but sometimes a VLF and Pulse do compliment one another rather than basically duplicating what you all ready have.

I understand that Teknetics has a special program available,with discounts. If you PM me I can send details.

If you really like your F75, why not stay with Fisher/Tek and get either a G2 or Gold Bug ? If you want to hunt mainly relics, you might not need the extra functions of the G2+ or F19. They are super simple to setup, VDI is super stable and emi is a non issue. Like Digger mentioned, they do respond well to bigger aftermarket coils in areas where depth is a concern.

Plus these detectors are excellent at finding just about anything, not only relics.

Mike I've just heard good things about the Minelabs and have never tried one so I was kind of leaning toward trying on of them. Just not sure which ML is a standout relic machine.

19Khz and agree that IH's hit good but that's about the upper conductivity level for good response on deeper coin size stuff. Buttons no problem.

Tom

Check out the deeptech vista detectors. I have a vista gold and it is very deep and sensitive running at 25khz, it's not a noisy machine either its smooth with great tones. Can hit a 13" nickel no problem. And mineralized ground doesn't kill the performance.

John

There is no minelab machine that even comes close to the Deus on relics. I have the Deus, Fors Relic, Tejon for relic hunting and have found no better than them. I have a CTX 3030 and it's the best of the fbs machines with the fastest recovery but still no where as good as the Deus. The Deus with the 9 in coil is the best at unmasking non ferrous next to iron for coil size. Learn your Deus and you won't be dissapointed.