Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommended That Equinox Battery Be Changed By ASC To Protect Warranty

Altamaha

http://minelab.newsweaver.co.uk/gofind/15n3g2x961s1vmmw3n6dy0?email=true&a=11&p=52994007

Hey Altamaha!
I hope the battery lasts longer than three years before needing to be replaced. If it is anything like my CTX battery it will have no noticeable difference after three years of recharges.

Battery is warrantied for only ONE YEAR! The rest of the detector has the 3 year warranty.

Prudent to not warrant it longer - no phone maker, for example does so. It’s an easy swap and I expect that before any batteries “age out” there will be various ways to handle it inexpensively.

Am i wrong or doesnt the battery compartment still seem to be sealed much like the CZ? How many has never gotten water in there lol? You might kill your handy work batter...... but it doesnt appear as thou it will get into the machine. Id use a drop or two of Aqua seal at the wire entry...... just in case. Otherwise...... may just require another battery and connector. This if for the few who may do a SNAFU. Ive provide a link where its been discussed before. Some obviously will go to hobby shops....... others to ML. Then you have some that may just have a leak....... how do you distinguish this? We know some will just put the battery back in the pod and play dumb. Im assuming the first thing ML will check is the battery when the machine isnt working....... IF water can get into the box...... THEN ML will decide if its your fault or theirs.

All that said....... I seriously doubt that battery will need changing within the 3 years. There will be exceptions..... and of course WE or RNB will find an upgraded batter and everyone will want to replace them...... what then guys... lol?

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2426365

I Wil only be a matter of time, and the battery door seals will be available, so then when you change the battery, replace the seal as well. Job done.

GKMan said:
Hey Altamaha!
I hope the battery lasts longer than three years before needing to be replaced. If it is anything like my CTX battery it will have no noticeable difference after three years of recharges.

GKMan.

I surely hope you're right on that.