Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

recovery speed makes a big difference

goldbill

Today I had one hour to MD so I went to a familiar site that I had thought to be almost DONE. I set the recovery to 45 and slowed my sweep speed to a crawl . the results were amazing. 8 Wheat's 3 Mercuries 1 barber and an Indian.I was working in an iron field (probably a burn site) .The hour stretched into two and I would still be there but for low batteries.(should always keep them charged I know but!!!!!!!!!) How SHORT can the V still be effective in real nasty Iron? Rob? Larry? Here are the pics The barber at the top is from a few days ago same site Bill

Bill you are killing me. [size=large]Nice finds.[/size]

Just for comparison, RD 40-45 emulates DFX target processing and 35 - 40 emulates the MXT RD. Higher Delay numbers make the chirps from nails harder to tell from desirable targets. With deeper coins or targets in the ground it is easier to hear the target with higher numbers as it will make for a longer sound.

I'd have no trouble going down to 35 but the signal gets shorter. You said you were going slow so you should be OK. Experiment by dropping The RX a little to make the effective coil footprint a little smaller. Then make up the loss with sensitivity.

Thanks Hope to go back tomorrow but not sure yet..I had the rx at 8 so there is alot of room . Two of the dimes were just one to two inches next to iron the other two were 6 inches or so . I will keep you posted. Bill

Hi Bill, congratulations on the finds and always nice hearing from you. About as "short" as I use the recovery speed is 35-40, anything faster than that is just too short and choppy for me.

How do I adjust the recovery speed on my V3i? I can't seem to find "recovery speed" in my owners manual.
Jason Hays

HorseShoerHays said:
How do I adjust the recovery speed on my V3i? I can't seem to find "recovery speed" in my owners manual.
Jason Hays

There is no Recovery Speed. The V3i and VX3 each have Recovery Delay. It is the opposite of speed. The higher the Recover Delay the slower the Recovery Speed is!

Also, doesn't the size of your coil affect setting recovery speed? The smaller the coil, the slower your recovery speed should be?

Example: 10" D2 coil with a recovery speed of 45 = Eclipse 5.3 with a recovery speed of 60?

Joe

Neil has it correct I stated the delay incorrectly .My goal was to make the v "get off targets"quicker . Hence the word "speed" .Thinking of it in the terms of delay does make it easier to use because it seems backward thinking in terms of speed. Can someone chime in on the coil size ? I thought it was the same for all the coils. Bill

Smaller coil for trashy areas....lower RD(faster) - larger coil for nontrashy areas and depth....higher RD(slower)..gl and hh!!

When I first got my V3i I set two coins a hands-breath apart and kept altering the recovery delay until I heard the best distinct double bleep as I passed the coil over them at my normal swing speed. The optimum setting was 45 and have never had to change it yet !!!

I have all my programs set at 35/40 but i have a slower swing and overlap most of the time. With this setting i like to use modulation at 2/3 it brings out the deep targets with the lower delay setting for me. Its all about fooling with the different settings. Dont be afraid to try different setting combinations. Thats whats so wonderful about v its so adjustable!