Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery Speed

I'm having some issues with what I perceive to be recovery speed. I had an MXT before and I feel that the recovery speed was much faster on it than what I'm currently experiencing now on the V3i. I'm using the coin program with no modifications. Am I missing something?

Thanks

dave

Change your recovery speed to match your hunting area.The lower the number the faster and the higher the number the faster thus deeper . Lower # usually for trashy areas . Most play in the range of 55 to 80. then go from there. Yazoo

Another of the great features on the v Series...............

The higher the number, the longer the tones are. The lower the number the shorter the tones are.

Figured it out. It was only my second time out with the V3i after 100+ hours on my MXT. The delay was set to 80 in the Coin program so I made the adjustment downward.

The RECOVERY DELAY is for the disc mode only. RD=40-45 emulates DFX target processing. 35 - 40 emulates the MXT, 25 - 30 emulates the Deus.

My post should have read lower Recovery speed faster recovery and trash areas and higher speed slower recovery going for deeper targets.Yazoo

Now you made it clear Yazoo. ''Keep in mind that Recovery DELAY is the opposite of Recovery SPEED... New
Posted by: yazoo''. Thanks a lot.

Its posts like this that can get a newb like me very very confused.

I agree. IMO, Whites missed the mark by not keeping it simply a recovery speed setting. The change in terminology just begs for confusion. Now the lower the number is, the faster the response, and higher is slower. All for the sake of some apps engineer at Whites getting their way with a fancier term and the negating of a simple operation by not just sticking to "recovery speed." jm2c Martin

oneon said:
Its posts like this that can get a newb like me very very confused.

"All for the sake of some apps engineer at Whites getting their way with a fancier term and the negating of a simple operation by not just sticking to "recovery speed." jm2c Martin

I don't think that is the reason Martin, especially " getting their way". I'm sure it didn't cross anyones mind and it really isn't a fancier term.

It is not confusing if people call it by its right name........ Recovery delay............It is a simple matter of knowing your detector.

The V3i is the most advanced detector on the market, expect the learning curve to be longer than with simpler detectors. Once learned, the V3i will really show it's colors and versatility.

For all the new V3I users the beginning can be daunting Im going on 2 and a half months. My DFX was like an old Tshirt just so comfortable. If it wasn't for making really good finds I may have given up. But with each find I get motivated to learn this machine inside and out. Without the help of Larry and Rob I would have really been sunk! Thank you guys!

I don't know. Does any other manufacturer use Spectragraph or Spectrograph? Why does Fisher use Auto Tune instead of All Metal. Who cares. Do you know how many other terms were changed from the DFX? How about the term GEB from the 5900? It is what it is. Just learn your detector.

By the way, I can't find your post but, if your coil has degraded and won't do better than RX9 in the air, you need a new coil. Any coil that won't do RX15 in the air is bad.

I don't know of any. White's is a pioneer in MANY ways with the V3i.

Rob (IL) said:
I don't know. Does any other manufacturer use Spectragraph or Spectrograph? Why does Fisher use Auto Tune instead of All Metal. Who cares. Do you know how many other terms were changed from the DFX? How about the term GEB from the 5900? It is what it is. Just learn your detector.

By the way, I can't find your post but, if your coil has degraded and won't do better than RX9 in the air, you need a new coil. Any coil that won't do RX15 in the air is bad.

Whites reversed the polarity of operation for recovery with their introduction of the V machines, hence the term "speed" went to "delay." All I am saying is that since the earliest metal detectorist until now all understand recovery speed, and Whites created the confusion with the delay label. The metal detecting discussion groups are thick with posts for a long time back over confusion concerning recovery delay and the V3 machines. If the intended improvement in going negative(creating a longer delay) instead of the simpler speed circuit could be explained, it might make better sense. So far getting fancy and reversing polarity in that control circuit, and introducing the new delay label, has given more confusion than anything. All those puzzled people asking or having asked for help about recovery delay hardly tells me that Whites turned a good innovation corner in this case. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Recovery speed seemed OK, and everyone knew what that was.

About that coil at 9. It passes the air test WITHOUT BOOST ON at RX15, but now goes overload at 9 with Boost on. That coil was solid-good to RX14 WITH boost ON 2 years ago when new. It has degraded since, which lends to that discussion in that thread about coil lifespans. I presume the Whites people will say the coil is fine since it passes the 15 in air W/O TX Boost on. I do wish that it would still do 14 with boost. How far down will RX get below 9 with added TX boost, and what basic loss of performance am I not realizing right now after the 5 loss, even in non-Boost mode. Something had to have changed, and in RF,,,all variables are pertainent. martin

We are off the subject of the post but:

How far down will RX get below 9 with added TX boost, ( no way to know) and what basic loss of performance am I not realizing right now after the 5 loss, even in non-Boost mode. ( If you don't want to go above RX9 then none, if you don't use boost, none) Something had to have changed, and in RF,,,all variables are pertinent. (Yes the null has shifted) martin

Many people could be using your coil with an M6, MXT, or DFX and it would be perfect for those detectors and no loss. Many people can't use boost in their soil so your coil would not have any performance loss for them. Whites never claimed a person could use a coil with RX15 and boost. My coils all do, but it could change.

Rob (IL) said:
We are off the subject of the post but:

How far down will RX get below 9 with added TX boost, ( no way to know) and what basic loss of performance am I not realizing right now after the 5 loss, even in non-Boost mode. ( If you don't want to go above RX9 then none, if you don't use boost, none) Something had to have changed, and in RF,,,all variables are pertinent. (Yes the null has shifted) martin

Many people could be using your coil with an M6, MXT, or DFX and it would be perfect for those detectors and no loss. Many people can't use boost in their soil so your coil would not have any performance loss for them. Whites never claimed a person could use a coil with RX15 and boost. My coils all do, but it could change.

Thank you Rob! matin

Well it seems that was created confusion but without the need to offend anyone at all I believe it should to, because the need we better learn English to understand the words for our best communication. Delay is: how late, and Speed: how fast, low or high. :smoke: