Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery speed ?

GroundScanner

Hi guy , I was wondering if the a low recovery speed on the V3i can be as fast as the Deus ? I put the 4x6 coil on my V3i and wanted to work old houses with lots if square nail. Any help with this please. Thanks , GS

Nope, there is more to it than just dialing in a number. I bet you will find a RS setting of 30 with that small coil will work just fine though. :biggrin:

Thanks Larry , I thought 30 would work good. I am writing all the info in my little black book I bring out in the field to look back. I want to learn this V3i I have instead of sitting in the closet collecting dust. GS

I have notice that on my V3i, not complaining, super, lighting fast speed is only as good as your ability to hear the difference without driving you mad, for me that means short hunts. Then I like to slow things down.:stars:

Best method for me to set recovery speed is to place two coins on the ground a coil width apart and lowering the recovery speed to setting where you start to hear both coins at your normal sweep speed.

Explorer, I have found your method the easiest and fastest to set the R/D for separation.

I found this method works since I set it on the ground I am going to hunt which appears to have a slight effect on what delay works best.
Roger

Without ever having used the deus, i have made a program on the v3i which i like to believe approaches the deus. Key features: stereo mixed mode, threshold in audio menu set to 0. Bottle cap and hot rock disc off. Accept all VDI from -95 to +95, but set tones from -95 to -21 to 0. For the rest set as many sounds as you like, i use four different tones. VCO on, use modulation if you like it, the tick off box called theeshold in this submenu is the AM threshold. Turn it off if you feel things get busy, and you will now have AM in left ear and disc in right, both sounding off only when something is under the coil. Filter and speed, use one of the higher high-passes. recovery delay 15 and SAT to 30. i use the 22.5 khz freq for thin silver But can also switch to three freq in two secs If needed. Else, spectragraph intensity, base theeshold 65, multigraph on for when you are in three freq. Thats pretty much it. It passes the nail board test with a 10"dd, and reports really fast. Cant say anything about depth but it probably suffers.