Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red Heats 1st serious session

GazinUK

After a few hours of bench testing I've come to the conclusion that this is one of those machines that performs way better in the ground than in air. These are just a few of the control settings that I've come to understand...well nearly.
1. Iron in/out switch. This works with the discrimination, have found that if you let iron  in you control the amount of discrimination via the rotary control.
Select iron out and the rotary control becomes redundant as the discrimination seems to be preset.
2. High/low power. Low power seems to be just that, everything is quieter, flick to hi and you get your ears blown off (no volume control on machine) so I'm guessing it's some so of audio gain. I did notice that if I found a target in low power I could raise the coil till I lost the signal, flick to high and it would come back.
3. Boost. This is a work in progress, only thing I found was with boost at 50% you can run with zero sensitivity and find stuff.
Ran with the 17khz coil for the session. Could add a lot more but will be out again tomorrow so may have changed things by then. Still wasn't a bad 2:5hr session.

Attachments

• 20240308_135316.jpg
    20240308_135316.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240308_135304.jpg
    20240308_135304.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240308_135729.jpg
    20240308_135729.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 42
Interesting machine. Paul Warren, who is in the UK and hunts the Thames foreshore recently got a Red Heat. He has an informative You tube channel.