Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic hunting finds from SC Low Country

Gary in Daytona

Per Andy's request for more finds and settings, here's my finds from a 2 day relic hunt a couple of weeks ago. I ended up getting into more Colonial finds than Civil War, but I managed to bring both home. Got lots of Colonial flat buttons, a bullet or two and a King George II copper, just wasn't lucky enough to walk over a killer find, but still happy with the number and variety of the finds I did get.

I couldn't have been more happy with the E-Trac, it performed flawlessly even below 20F on the first morning. Basically left my disc. screen open except blanking out 35 Ferrous and 1 Conductive and dug most all the targets except ones I could readily identify as nails and we found many targets beside and in the same holes with nails and other ferrous junk. There were enough nail in the ground in some areas that I could have dug those nonstop both days, but the E-Trac kept me from wasting time digging them.There's little need for discrimination while relic hunting except nails and small ferrous objects.

I can post any other settings if anyone wants, but they weren't much off the standard "beach" settings since I prefer those back home. Unfortunately, there's not much detail on the KGII Copper or the one pewter button that I can see detail on, but I posted close ups. Maybe someone knows more about the pewter button. With perfect lighting, I can see a "II" and a "c" or "q" followed by an "o" with a dot or period behind it, perhaps CO.?

Looks like you got int a great site . . . . . what were you hunting; i.e., field, current home site, scrub area?

Makes me want to grab my detector and head out the door . . . really didn't to get those chores done today I guess :biggrin:

Andy

Hey Andy, the hunt was a bit west of the Beaufort area. There are many potentially good sites in that area once permission is gained (the tricky part). It was a great hunt and I dug myself silly. I took out a couple of bags of other junk, mostly shotgun shells and small chards of unidentifiable brass and other junk. And as I said, the E-Trac performed great. I had zero complaints in the two days of hunting with it.

This post answers a lot of questions for me. I was wondering how the Etrac does relic hunting. Thanks for posting

Nice finds Gary!

Just a few settings questions:

What sensitivity setting did you run? Auto/Man? Auto+3?

What auto ToneID? Mult/4tone? Cond/Ferrous?