Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic or wait for Impact

greaser

Ok I have a dilemma, I don't know if I should jump on the Relic or hold off for the impact. I am leaning Relic right now because of form factor, I just love the Core/Relic setup. What would I be missing out on with it over the Impact?

I know it certainly does to me, but that's because I have Relic Hunted for decades and really like the 2-Tone mode performance and other available search modes and adjustment functions. We have no clue how long it might be until the Nokta Impact will be ready for field review, nor exactly what features it will offer the end user. We do know what the Relic brings us, and with the excellent balance and performance to match, I think it might be wise to get the Relic now.

greaser said:
Ok I have a dilemma, I don't know if I should jump on the Relic or hold off for the impact. I am leaning Relic right now because of form factor, I just love the Core/Relic setup. What would I be missing out on with it over the Impact?
Until the Impact design and development are completed, none of us will really know what differences there will be, or if the performance afield will be up to a level to compete with the FORS Gold+ and new-release FORS Relic, because it will also be a matter of the site environment to be hunted.

I am certain the eventual Impact will have some characteristics that will make it a bit different from other models for certain tasks, but if you like to Relic Hunt older places and would like some of the best modes and adjustment features to unmask good targets in heavy litter, the Nokta FORS Relic is definitely a performer. To me it makes the selection of a new detector pretty easy: Buy what is available now that is a fully featured proven performer, or wait for the unknown?

Monte

Same here. This waiting game is getting pretty tough especially with 2 new releases. I think both the Racer 2 and Fors relic would be great to own. Really hard to sit on the sidelines.

The way I know I have to many detectors is when my wife stats packing my bags> Ha Ha

this is true, although I cant go too crazy as I am building my bachelor shack this summer.

I would drive anyone crazy D&P-OR drive myself nuts at times so couldn't imagine living with me :lmfao: not to worry though I am in touch with my crazy most of the time :jump:

AJ

D&P-OR said:
Did you drive your wife crazy/insane AJ???---Just curious! :heh:-------(I'm just kiddin ya pal) ;)
amberjack said:
mine left :bouncy: now I can have as many as I want :lmfao:

AJ

You're ALL RIGHT AJ!!!-----I was just waitin to see what your come back would be on that on--good one. :biggrin:------Hey-----Just say "I am NOT crazy" five times every morning when you first wake up!----Hey, it works for me!!!:crylol:
amberjack said:
I would drive anyone crazy D&P-OR drive myself nuts at times so couldn't imagine living with me :lmfao: not to worry though I am in touch with my crazy most of the time :jump:

AJ

D&P-OR said:
Did you drive your wife crazy/insane AJ???---Just curious! :heh:-------(I'm just kiddin ya pal) ;)
amberjack said:

AJ

Wait? No way! After seeing Monte's and Kieth's reviews of the FR, I'm not waiting. I've got a CoRe, will have a FR, and, if the Impact turns out to be as awesome as the other Nokta products, will have one of them too! Of course, I may have to sell a Minelabs unit to make room:help:!

Dean

I might try that :bouncy: might knock 10 % off :lmfao: we all have to have a bit of a screw lose digging around in the dirt :unsure:

I know its all a bit of fun , always up for having a giggle at myself its a sign of sanity I think so I am crazy/sane :wave:

AJ

D&P-OR said:
You're ALL RIGHT AJ!!!-----I was just waitin to see what your come back would be on that on--good one. :biggrin:------Hey-----Just say "I am NOT crazy" five times every morning when you first wake up!----Hey, it works for me!!!:crylol:
amberjack said:

AJ

D&P-OR said:
amberjack said:

AJ