Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic_Digs

fishes02

Hit a new site that was supposed to have a Civil War Camp; wasn't sure until the 3rd time out that I hit the CW bullet. Also, picket up a couple of buttons, but no markings so not sure what these came from, and the silver ring was very deep as well. Note the inside of the ring, not very smooth at all. Will head back over when the weather turns nice again. First Relic hunt turned out perfect! Thanks for looking.

/Cliff

Hello Cliff.

These sure are great finds and these are great pictures, too.

Think you'll dig some more good stuff there.

Best of Luck for the next hunt.

A great bunch of goodies Cliff :clapping: Do you think the silver ring might have been made from a coin?

The ring is to smooth to be a coin; though I wish it was.... It's just that I haven't seen the likes of the inside on any other ring that I have found. Wish I could figure out what the two flat cylinders are; it's a top and bottom to something...just can't make it out, and no markings....could have been a locket...but, who knows...just nothing to go on. I think my biggest surprise was the weight of the C/War bullet. It's very heavy... oh well, here's to the next outing, and thanks for looking.

/Cliff

Super finds Cliff! I agree with Larry, that ring sure looks like a coin ring in progress. With it being less silver such as a coin, I think that's why the color isn't as shiny. Coins have less silver content. It looks as though they didn't finish it. I could be wrong. JMHO.

As for the flat round items, do you think they could be from a pocket watch? Love the minié ball. And then the bird tag is pretty neat as well. You found a LOT of miscellaneous items from one hunt. Way to go Cliff! Thanks for sharing with us and I can't wait to see what else you come up with there. HH!

You got me there, or I should say you got me twice. Minie ball? and bird tag? The bird tag (B256)? That's the second one that I came across at the site, but didn't have a clue as to it's ident. Maybe a chicken tag that got an invite to dinner!! A big thanks for the ident. Any thoughts on the buttons? I pulled a number of old square nails; mucho trash at the site. Didn't dig those hits for the most part, only the positive id's.

Will keep you all posted on my next outing.

Thanks for looking/Cliff

Cliff, The bird tag (B256) could have been for any type of bird. Possibly a pigeon, goose, duck, who knows...... It's an oldie. The minié ball is also called a "Three Ringer". VERY nice find there and it's in great shape. Can you imagine shooting a gun with those? I bet that gun had a lot of kick to it.

Oh yes, please keep us posted. I love seeing the finds and I'm sure others do too. :clapping:

Good finds. Please feel free to post any CW finds on the civil war forum also. Many thanks. CCH