Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REMEMBER...JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

It's not what you do from Christmas morning to Christmas evening. It's what you do from Christmas evening to Christmas morning.

Steve in so la

The celebration actually originates from the pagan celebration of Saturnalia. Dec 21 is the shortest period of daylight in the northern hemisphere. After that the days gradually get longer.
Jesus was born early fall or late summer as he was executed in early spring being 33 1/2 years old. Count back 1/2 year that would put you in late September early October.
Another point to consider, in the Bethlehem this time of year shepherds are not able to spend the night outside with their flocks as the Bible account says they were.
Look at the account closely. The magicians that came to see Jesus were not there at his birth. The account says they went to the house that they were in. At that time Jesus was a young child not a newborn baby. Those magicians were there in order to lead Herod to Jesus for the purpose of murdering him. When the magicians left after being warned by God by another route, Herod had all the young boys 2 years and under killed in an attempt to kill Jesus. Read your Bibles please

And don't forget Yule. It's way older than Christmas - dating back to pre-christian Germanic traditions. No disrespect to those believers who celebrate the birth of Christ, but some recognition of the fact that a mid-winter festival has been a key part of human tradition in northern latitudes. Here's a bot from Wikipedia

Yule or Yuletide ("Yule time") is a festival observed by the historical Germanic peoples, later undergoing Christianised reformulation resulting in the now better-known Christmastide. The earliest references to Yule are by way of indigenous Germanic month names Ærra Jéola (Before Yule) or Jiuli and Æftera Jéola (After Yule). Scholars have connected the celebration to the Wild Hunt, the god Odin and the pagan Anglo-Saxon Mōdraniht.

Terms with an etymological equivalent to Yule are used in the Nordic countries for Christmas with its religious rites, but also for the holidays of this season. Yule is also used to a lesser extent in English-speaking countries to refer to Christmas. Present day Christmas customs such as the Yule log, Yule goat, Yule boar, Yule singing, and others stem from the original pagan Yule. A number of Neopagans have introduced their own rites.

Thank you, Joe Tx! I think we all know or should by reading our Bibles, as some seem to think we need to do or improve on, that the Wisemen didn't arrive to see Jesus or give Him gifts on the day or night of His birth but when Jesus was two years old and Joseph and Mary had taken Him to Egypt for they were no longer in in the little town of Bethleham where they went to pay their taxes, for Joseph was given a dream by God to take Jesus to safety and then He was kept safely from being murdered like what happened to the babies who were two years and under! It just amazes how others want to stir up trouble on this forum, thinking and believing they know more than any of us who have been on the CMD Forum for years and years! I won't answer their posts and, hopefully, others won't, to keep peace among us on this forum!

What does it matter whether we don't know the exact day of Jesus' birth, but that we do know He was born of Virgin birth, Who was sacrificed for all sinners, dying and then arose alive from the tomb! Jesus loves me and saved my soul and I WILL celebrate His birthday any day of the year and especially at CHRIST-mas time if I so choose to do so....I am sure God won't send me to Hell at my mortal death by doing so but He will cast me into the fires if I don't believe in and live my life for Him to have eternal life so I can be blessed in His love, peace and joy, eternally! To infer that any of us are ignorant of God's Holy Word infuriates me, as I've studied the Bible for years and although I can't quote Book, Chapter and Verse, I do know the Bible and can always look up the Scriptures, for my mind just doesn't remember like it used to do! Anyway, I know many things that ppl celebrate do go back to many ways to what ppl in countries did long, long ago! It is bad enough to argue with sinners but to argue and insult each other as Christians is really, really bad and certainly wouldn't be or isn't approved of God! Off my soapbox now and Jesus' love and peace to everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Betty, I have never once insulted anyone on this forum or any other. I present the information and it's up to each individual what to do with it. In other words if you want to celebrate Christmas you go right ahead. That goes for each person that reads what I have to say. I'm not your judge. I'm just a messenger. Have a good day

Irnwkr, when you wrote in your above post, you say, Read Your Bibles please, is inferring that we (ME) don't know what God's Holy Word says and I do and I am sure many, many others do also! It looks to me like you are saying that only you know the truth and we don't? So that is why I have written like I have and it is not only this one post but many that you have posted on this forum! You infer that you know it all and we must learn for ourselves that you do and we don't! :angel: Ma

Never once said any of you folks don't know what God's word says. We all learn Everytime we open those pages. Never once did I make the claim I know it all. I am just a human that puts there pants on one leg at a time like you do. However I do try to make others think. I see nothing wrong in that. Sure I've make many many posts in this forum. I even comment on others posts here. You are free to take my words to heart or dismiss them

Well my thinking is okay for I have Jesus and the baptism of the Holy Ghost to guide and direct me into all truth and He gives me godly wisdom to think for myself and interpret His Holy Word as I worship Him in Spirit and in Truth! I hope you do the same, for ask and ye shall receive; seek and ye shall find the Truth of our Holy God! Traditions are just traditions and not everyone listens to or does them....only that which glorifies Jehovah God and gives praise to Jesus for what He has done to save us from all our sins by our repenting and turning away from sinning, willfully, again! Amen! :angel: Ma

You might want to go back and read all your own posts? They come across to most who read them that you do know it all and very preachy. Members don't come here to be preached at. You said above "you try to make others think", (Why?)
Is it your goal to take this group of believers and make them believe as you do? Sure looks that way. Wouldn't the messenger be serving better if you went to those who don't know Christ at all? Do you really care when others celebrate the birth of our savior? Do you think God will be mad if we celebrate it it on Dec 25 or June 2, or Oct 9? Why not be a part of this forum in the best sense? Post your finds, post prayer requests, reply to others posts in a positive manner etc….. Maybe stop picking peoples posts apart with a goal of educating them to your thinking? There is a long time family here, and in some cases people no longer post here because of all the negativity. Soon there may be none left.
Let us all love thy neighbor as thyself.

irnwrkr said:
The celebration actually originates from the pagan celebration of Saturnalia. Dec 21 is the shortest period of daylight in the northern hemisphere. After that the days gradually get longer.
Jesus was born early fall or late summer as he was executed in early spring being 33 1/2 years old. Count back 1/2 year that would put you in late September early October.
Another point to consider, in the Bethlehem this time of year shepherds are not able to spend the night outside with their flocks as the Bible account says they were.
Look at the account closely. The magicians that came to see Jesus were not there at his birth. The account says they went to the house that they were in. At that time Jesus was a young child not a newborn baby. Those magicians were there in order to lead Herod to Jesus for the purpose of murdering him. When the magicians left after being warned by God by another route, Herod had all the young boys 2 years and under killed in an attempt to kill Jesus. Read your Bibles please
depends on,which calendar you go by.. are you talking Gregorian ? If so, your dates are off

This forum is for posting your comments about metal detecting and to provide a place where you will be able to greet your friends and express your religious beliefs without fear of being singled out as a problem to your peers.
Hey Mike, isn't this what this reads before we open the forum up? I don't fear being singled out as a problem although I'm quite sure I am.
This last tropical storm season I watched some of the news casts and some of the weather personnel were quite adamant about getting out of the way of danger. Similarly many are not aware of some very dangerous events about to come upon this earth.
All the signs are in place for the Great Tribulation to begin. Are you aware of what's going to mark the start of the Great Tribulation?

the Mayans once had a calendar that apparently read that in the year 2012 it would be a turning point of either wealth or despair... or something along those lines.
2012 December came and went..everybody laughed at the Mayans.
May I now draw your attention to the stock market chart starting in December 2012... notice something peculiar ? It is a time of great wealth for the masters and a time of despair for the serfs. The Mayans were, in fact, correct.
I do believe they also built pyramids... the signs are right in front of you staring you in the face.. studying you... learning about you... You just need to open your eyes

added a photo to make it clearer. 50 million in the US on food stamps.... 12 new daily stock market highs since the election.

Many signs point to end times. Yes that is what the above says about the forum. You were not singled out, just asked a few questions. This is the same thing you do to everyone here you disagree with when they post. You didn't answer my questions but certainly expect answers from others when you post. I normally keep quiet and bite my tongue, but when others start telling me they are leaving the forum, or plan to not post anymore it is then I feel I need to say something. A couple of us have been here over 15 years, and feel we have a family here. Many of us here don't totally agree with each other, but we don't quickly step up to say "hey you guys are all wrong" Some things are better left un said.
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Well Betty are you aware of what the United Nations is going to do soon? Please inform me