Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Remember when we shot pennies off the barrel of bb guns ?

No way to measure the hole in the penny? A pointed 22 pellet with enough pumps (or charge) would make a neater hole than a round nosed 22 bullet. We used to hit the old non aluminum beer cans with pellets and they didnt roll around as much as 22 RN lead or copper coats. Just a thought.
I put it in storage....should have tried a 22 live round in it ....anyway...we have all something to share about coins with holes ....and lot's of memories ...WV62 ...what an experience he had !

Maybe drilled out and then punched to get the tight roll.. The rolls don't look long enough to touch each other if they were reverse engineered. Also just a thought. I will try the drill and then punch method on a memorial cent to see if this might be the case.

Maybe drilled out and then punched to get the tight roll.. The rolls don't look long enough to touch each other if they were reverse engineered. Also just a thought. I will try the drill and then punch method on a memorial cent to see if this might be the case.
also has a crack in it if you look close at the first pic....you may be right on that idea.

At first I thought the line was a shadow from the lighting. I think I can also see the crack on the reverse side although its not as dark as the top pic. Thanks for the post it sure does bring back some good memories.

Wv, I think you were probably as dumb as me growing up. I don't know how many times I went to a doctor for stitches. I think my mom was afraid for me to go outside the house. Well, at least we didn't sit in front of a TV or a computer playing games.

Yep us 3 brothers were pretty wild, good thing we moved out of the city when we were still kids. The woods sure save us from getting in trouble. I hated rainy days, I would go to the smoke house with the BB guy and shot wasp.
Then on good days I would head to the creek looking for pop bottles to cash in to support my BB habit.

We don't want to start talking about fireworks.

Yep us 3 brothers were pretty wild, good thing we moved out of the city when we were still kids. The woods sure save us from getting in trouble. I hated rainy days, I would go to the smoke house with the BB guy and shot wasp.
Then on good days I would head to the creek looking for pop bottles to cash in to support my BB habit.

I shot flies off the garage with mine !

Old dead eye. LOL

Old dead eye. LOL
Meat at our local market used to come with large red rubber bands....remember those ?
When I ran out of bb"s....I used them to shoot flies with....and a few dogs in the yard....maybe a chicken or two also.

That is exactly why mom talked dad into buying the farm in 1941 because if we stayed in the city she knew we would end up in troble but more likely my brother rather than me as I was shy & stayed close to our city Apartment with outhouses & privacy fenced in yard! Well we never got into trouble for we worked on the farm which kept us busy! Ma

had a little spare time so I pulled this out for you all to see and judge for yourself....22 caliber seems about right . An Indian head penny was a lot of money back then.

20201105_161308.jpg

20201105_161245.jpg

Looks about right but but I don't think a .22 would punch a hole in a penny without some kind backing for the penny. I kind of think it would knock the penny a bunch of feet and I would guess the penny would be bent. The penny just setting on top of a fence post wedged in a crack would not create enough resistance for the bullet to punch a hole. I don't think even a 22-250 moving at close to 4000fps would punch a hole in the penny.
Now if you laid the penny on a 2x4 and fired a .22 at the penny it would most likely punch a hole with some denting of the coin.
My brother MarkCZ and I have done a lot of shooting and hunting together. We were sighting in our ground hog rifles. I was done with my 22-250 at 100yds and was calling my brothers hits on the target for him. I noticed a fly walking around on his target and I tool him about that. He didn't pay any attention to me. So slipped in a round and touched it off and I told him I got him. He said sure. As we walked up to the target he said you did get him. Then I had to rub it in a little, I told him that I didn't have a good lead on him as he was walking to the left and my shot hit him in the butt because the splatter was on the left side of the bullet hole. I can shoot pretty good but that day the force was with me. I have that target and others framed and keep it on my reloading bench.
I miss those days.
Ron in WV