Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

remote lanyard

Lt4ever

Just a little advice, use the lanyard with the remote. A hunter just lost his remote in tall grass. He did know it fell off. Now he is trying to figure out how to find it.

Another detector, large coil, all metal. Follow the same trail if possible.
Sorry, that's terrible. I hope you find it.

I wouldn’t go without the lanyard. I also attached a wide elastic strap to the back of the remote cover so I can wear it on my arm. It is secure and it isn’t bulky at all cause it’s just an elastic loop not a bulky Velcro band.

I usually leave it in the truck. Most places where I hunt, I know the ground balance and what works best for me. In new places or if I think I might need pinpoint mode, ground balance, or FeO2 meter, I will keep it in the XP arm band or the leather holder in my pocket. Other than that, I don't need to look at the numbers and can use the headphones to make changes. If I want, the phones will even give me the VID but I have never used them for that. I took the lanyard off the XP pinpointer because it was always in the way. To each, his own I guess.

I lost my MI-6 once and used the remote to track it down in the woods maybe they need a update on the MI-6 so we can locate the remote also!
Mark

Here’s a cheap solution so you won’t loose your control unit.

An easy solution would be small pinch buckles one half fastened to stem with thin wire, The other half zip tied to the remote cover or sewn on with short length of elastic fabric so that when clipped the remote is snug down on the mount and can’t come off accidentally unless hit up pretty hard, and won’t go anywhere if that happens either.