Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Remote ?

Is it OK to turn on and play with the settings on the remote with out being near the coil?

Some options will not appear if the coil is not in range but you can create and modify programs sitting on the couch with your coil in the garage :)

When you get in range, any saved settings (programs) will be flashed to the coil and saved for later use . . . . .

I've actually made a set of custom programs on an airplane with the coil packed in checked luggage - and the programs worked like a champ when I got to my destination

Hope this helps

Andy

A potential problem with the couch option mentioned by Andy may be, that you still have enough connectivity to switch the coil on, and not enough to switch the thing off again, so that it's empty the next time you want to detect.
Other than that - I had my remote also already in the train on the way to work, while the coil remained home. If other people play with their mobile phone I can play with my mobile control ;-)
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

The remote is so small I am sure that other people probably think it is a phone or Ipod of some kind. Now we can be treasure hunters "under cover".

Don

Crusty said:
Last week I made and saved 3 programs while sitting at my desk at work. There are rules where I work but nothing against programing a metal detector:lol:

Dave

Like to see someone try that at work with a CTX 3030 :rofl:

Thanks for the help everyone. The only thing I noticed is it will not let you change the Frequency or Tx power without the coil.