Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Remove cover coil

If the coil cracked, I bet White's would have a new one in the mail the same day you called them.............:thumbup: You have to be real careful removing the cover and helpful hints have been posted about getting it off easier. I know soaking the coil in warn water for a bit helps a lot.

I think bad manufacturing, coil cover 10DD,
other coils super-12 6x10's easy .........remove
in 10DD, very difficult remove cover coil

This has been posted before. Two guitar picks gets it off with no effort.

Two guitar picks to use, do not remove, connect the cable to coil, coil cover CRACK.
two guitar picks, very difficult to remove coil cover (dust, dirt, humidity)
difficult

OK, it may be harder to remove than some of your other covers. I actually take mine off with just my hands. I'm sorry if I don't understand exactly what you are saying.

If the cover is cracked it should be no problem to get off. Two picks do get the cover off. There is a video on this and I'm not going to look for it.

prester said:
Remove cover coil, the coil 10 DD, I can not remove, and cover coil, broken, (CRACK)

Some folks like to keep the coil cover on and some like to permanently attach it to the coil with silicone. Myself, I like to take it off after every time I come back from detecting. I clean everything from top to bottom, including the coil. Some years ago I started to use 360 to 400 grit emery paper (the black one) and very carefully sand by hand the inside of the coil cover. Progressing around each time and attaching and taking off where it was easy to slip off. Now the easiest way I found to take the cover off is not with a screwdriver or butter knife. This will give your heartache if you damage your coil. I keep the lower rod attached with the thru bolt and nut on. place the coil on the floor (preferably carpet) and using your two feet, grip the coil cover with the inside part of your feet, with two hands grasp the lower shaft. Pull up on the shaft and Voila! . . .it slips off. The carpeted floor acts like a cushion.

Be careful not to hit yourself while pulling up on the shaft. You know what, this beats hurting your finger tips or damaging/cracking the coil using screwdrivers or butter knifes. Remember, the more material you sand off, the easier the cover slips off. You don't want to take to much off, just enough for the cover to be snug around the coil. This is my method and I'm sticking to it.

Hope this helps,

TC-NM

He shows you how to Properly remove a coil cover...... but it's at the (end) of this video [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oof4aHbR4Q&feature=player_embedded#at=698[/video]

I have the top 1/4 of an inch cut off my coil cover. it was done with a dremel tool. It makes it a lot easier to take off.

thank you very much for your answers, this is a great forum
but I think white's, 10DD coil cover is more difficult to remove than other white's coil

I get them off using a small block of wood and a hammer, jut tap,tap, tap all around.

Another dead horse Rob . If one takes the time to fit them (Sand or Dremel to fit up) they would come right off. I see no need for one myself if you are not in a sandy or rocky area. Yazoo

I agree with you Mike, I don't use the things.