Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

removing the excal mother board.

bsa70

i have lost the volume control on the excal. The volume is wide open and cannot be adjusted and the threshold is wide open. I removed both ends to see if maybe the shaft and control were not longer mating. A brass piece( small rod) fell out. I thought at first it was one of the control pot shafts, that's about what it looks like. But it is not slotted on the end and visual inspection confirms they are all in place. I would like to remove the mother board and do a visual check and clean the controls. I can see that the mother board must come out from the coil end and the control shaft slots must be aligned so it can be pulled out. Is there any other thing I need to do? Anything I need to be careful of?

i know this may be radical. But the excal is very old and way out of warranty. I would more than likely buy a new one rather than dump money into this one so I don't have anything to loose.

Brian n NC

I think all you have to do is turn all the switches to the left or off. Tilt the board and slide it out. Do a search on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Dyrbrugyw

Joe knows. I have done this on a few Excals and had no problem following the video steps. I have found applying gentle pressure to the board while giving each knob a slight wiggle made it pop free with less total force both removing and replacing the board. Also note the slot in the caps when reassembling- easy to forget and it needs to have that tiny bit of fit to mate fully.
Good luck on getting it serviceable. Replacing a couple pots should not be too expensive.

If its a blue....... why in the word you not just replace the switch or pot? Id get a price from Kelleyco i think you will find its not nearly as expensive as you think....... heck of a lot cheaper than a NEW machine. Id have Kelleyco do the O rings as well and check the others while they are in there. When you get it back ....... if its a blue its better than a new machine. Well unless you are trying to convince the wife you need a new CTX LOL.

Dew

You have made a wise choice.