Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rent before buying?

Well, I have owned less than 5 detectors in my 35 years of hunting. In every case I bought it then decided if I liked it. I discovered in most cases there are things I like and don’t like, as would be expected.

Some of you may have seen my posts comparing the detectors I do have on a wet sand saltwater beach using a 14kt men’s small gold band and a silver dollar at one foot. Right now the Excalibur (original, not II) can pick both up on all metal mode. I want to clearly see if another newer detector can beat it on discriminate, but I don’t want to ‘buy and test.’ I’m looking into possible rentals but the top machines are more difficult to find as rentals.

The thought came to mind ‘Would you buy a car before test driving it first?’ Yes we’re talking more money, but top machines are also expensive.

I would like to hear the forums input on this one.

Thank you!

If it was really inexpensive, maybe?
The amount of time to really learn the machine makes me think lots of research before a purchase is probably better.

There are a handful of dealers that will rent their floor models to 4H or cub scouts... for an event... (1 or 2 uses) Then sell em on ebay as used open box ... The event generates sales... and gets more young people into the hobby... a win/win in my opinion...

There are a handful of dealers that will rent their floor models to 4H or cub scouts... for an event... (1 or 2 uses) Then sell em on ebay as used open box ... The event generates sales... and gets more young people into the hobby... a win/win in my opinion...
Thanks to all on the posts!