Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

repairing ears on a coil

jimmy clark

anyone repaired the ears on a coil thats broken from the top of the ears down to about the holes.i dont plastic weld, i was wondering if i cut new peaces is there a glue that would bond good enough to work?

That will work, just reinforce the outer portions of ears with big enough plastic so the lugs have enough bite to tighten.

Or, find another like nonworking coil and cut off the entire ears portion and epoxy over the broken ear area after grinding off the original broken ears.

I'll post a picture of one I did last night on an old compass coil, cut it off an old nonworking coil and eploxied it onto the top coil after grinding off the broken ears. Its so big even drilled out a new hole for coil cable, different but it works.

Good luck,
Paul

With "Shoe Goo"
Bonds to plastic better than anything else I've tried. Tough too

I Will Second the shoe Goo.... great product... I Keep A tube

3d printers is my go to

2 part epoxy from Home Depot or from most hardware stores have worked well for me!