Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

repeatable sounds during total null

OCDfinder

I mostly picked up the coil walking over trash dump of cans car parts that has been graded and is now grass. Before grading I prolly spent 2 hours picking around about 2' deep of metal trash from 1920-1990. When I did take a couple of swings the detector nulled out and went into overload....but I could swing and avoid overload with total null. With total null I was picking up repeatable signals in the 12 range & could locate. I did not dig because I assumed aluminum. My question is the response and ability to target during total null programmed? There is another site of an 1800s burned down house I hunted but the guy must of been a sheet metal collector...cause it is everywhere 3" down...If this is characteristic and programmed, I am going back to the sheet metal house and awing away with total null.

I agree I have had good targets ring out during a null many times,,,, I do not believe it gets EVERY good target every time but it does get them thru the silence

i will also say that once i pulled a merc out of a total null area, and another time i pulled a wheat penny that after it was dug, the area was then a total null.

make sure you set trash density to high and you have to have some discrimination on your screen. that is right from the instruction manual for such a situation. i would set fast to "on". reread pages around 72 in the manual.

its not easy! also might be a good time to play around with TTF, but i have no skill with this technique yet.

The 1880's house site that you think the guy must have been a collector.........The houses and barns a lonnng time ago, most frequently had "Steel" roofs.......NGE

Moonshine, I think you are right about TTF. I have used that sort of set-up on other machines and played with it in heavy iron today. I was getting a lot of nulls as usual and just wanted to hear what was in the ground. Well, I got a lot more high tones coming through in TTF and I found a coin after a couple of minutes. I then went back to multi tone but the coin stood out even easier. Anyway, I do think TTF has it's place when the trash isn't high but the iron is. I'll play with it some more to investigate heavier nulls.