Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Replace Handle Tape

Ohio bud

I have torn the grip pad on my detector. Where do I get a new one and how do I replace it?

Thanks, Ohio Bud

I would think most dealers could get it for you. I saw a video on how to install one...it is quite the task. If the tear is not too severe wrap it with "wound tape" which you can get at any pharmacy or drug store even Walmarts carrys it. Then wrap it with bicycle handlebar tape. The bike stores sell a padded vinyl type tape that washes up easily get more than enough to do it several times. It comes in many colors and styles. I happened to have some of the blue on hand that is why I used it. After wrapping put some electrical tape around the ends of the bicycle tape and it will be very secure. When you want to change it the wound tape will have kept the bike tape from sticking to the grip.

You can get a new wrap for $1500.00 and it comes with a free E-Trac. :biggrin: I'm sorry, that was pretty bad.