Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REPLACED BAD STOCK COIL WITH 13 INCH DETECH ULTIMATE COIL

diggervance

[attachment 354488 DSC00054.JPG]Hello All,
Well we had a weekend into the 50s last week here in Michigan and after the honey do list on Saturday I was able to hunt a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday.

My stock coil went to hell and I used my back up coil a Nel 12 x 8.5 inch coil. That took its toll on my shoulder as it isn't balanced very well. I ordered a 13 inch Detech ultimate coil as the reviews are very good on them and that arrived, yesterday.

The weight on this coil is amazing very well balanced and not much heavier then the stock coil [see pictures] I can't wait to see if reviews are true on this coil. The weekend yielded first silver 1946 Rosie and a 41 wheat penny. I will keep you all posted on performance of this coil.

Rick
Here are the weights of coils

stock coil 535 grams
12x 8.5 nel coil 615 grams
Detech 13 inch coil 594 grams

Just an added note after the weekend woke up to 11 inches of snow on Monday!

diggervance said:
Hello All,
Well we had a weekend into the 50s last week here in Michigan and after the honey do list on Saturday I was able to hunt a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday.

My stock coil went to hell and I used my back up coil a Nel 12 x 8.5 inch coil. That took its toll on my shoulder as it isn't balanced very well. I ordered a 13 inch Detech ultimate coil as the reviews are very good on them and that arrived, yesterday.

The weight on this coil is amazing very well balanced and not much heavier then the stock coil I can't wait to see if reviews are true on this coil. The weekend yielded first silver 1946 Rosie and a 41 wheat penny. I will keep you all posted on performance of this coil.

Rick
Here are the weights of coils

stock coil 535 grams
12x 8.5 nel coil 615 grams
Detech 13 inch coil 594 grams

Let us know how the new toy works out after the snow melts. Congrats on your first silver. HH

Greg

Thanks Greg very excited about it they say I could get 1 to 2 extra inches. Disappointed the stock coil only lasted 4 years.
Rick

diggervance said:
Thanks Greg very excited about it they say I could get 1 to 2 extra inches. Disappointed the stock coil only lasted 4 years.
Rick

That is unusual that it went bad so soon. I've never had a stock coil ever go bad on any of my machines. (Knock on wood) I remeber when I first got my X-5 coil I was sick as a dog for a week after it arrived. All I could do was look at it. Drove me nuts.

Take a space heater outside and start melting that snow!

Greg

I may try tomorrow it is going to be 31 degrees. We have had some of the snow melt away in spots. One of the guys I hunted with in the past had his coil go bad after 4 years as well.

diggervance said:
I may try tomorrow it is going to be 31 degrees. We have had some of the snow melt away in spots. One of the guys I hunted with in the past had his coil go bad after 4 years as well.

Good luck if you get out. I am out hunting tomorrow as well. Our snow from last night melted and it will be 44 tomorrow.

Bla bla bla lol must be ruff good luck

Love those big coils! I plan on getting one soon. I’m hoping for just ONE more inch of depth I’ll be happy!

I have both however I haven't used the Detech yet.

I think the 13" is the best coil out there for the E-trac.....Going to be 72 here in Sacramento today.....AHHHH..Hot!!!

Disappointed the stock coil only lasted 4 years. What went bad on the Stock coil ? Just curious. Congrats on the shiny. Been using SEF 12x10. Seems to do a good job except in tight areas. HH Mark

Hey Mark
Not sure with the coil. Turn on the detector and it just goes nuts it's like hunting under live wires. Doesn't matter manual or auto settings . You know I went to a tall man shaft makes me wonder if it didn't put some kind of strain on the wireing. Never the less it can't be used.
Rick

Good luck with the Detech. A guy here in my area has one on his Etrac and at last post FMDF he was lovin' it. I think the next coil I would like to try is the Sunray X8. I have a Coiltek 6in. Seems just a tad too small. However, when I got my Etrac, my AT Pro's starting collecting dust. Now I wonder if the same will be true when the Equinox comes.We'll see. Good luck Mark