Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Replacement e-trac batteries

I just recently installed the new RNB innovations battery.I am floored with how long this holds a charge.

I have the RNB Innovations battery for mine as well and it is better than a truckload of NiMh batteries. But to answer your question...The difference in the two batteries that you mentioned is in their capacity to store "energy". These numbers dont always reflect their true capacity...and all I can tell you is you get what you pay for in rechargeables.

I have some cheap chinese NiMh batteries that claim to be 3000 NiMh and with my charger the best I can get them to hold is 700mAh....obviously garbage. I also have some quality batteries that claim to be 1700mAh and even after two seasons of charging and using....they will still charge to their rated energy holding capacity of 1700 mAh....sometimes just a bit more.

LittleJohn

They only thing the 1800 will do is give a little more time to hunt. I think minelab stopped making the 1600 a long time ago. I would not buy a 1600.

there are lots of good posts in time past about rechargable 2500 mha batteries I got me some Lithion ion ENOLOPE batts for 30.00 theyt are fantastic for all kinds a stuff . I know the sponsors dont like this talk but check them out .

I don't even use my Minelab battery anymore, just my RNB Battery. I charged my battery over three weeks ago and Saturday it finally dropped off four bars. It was still holding two bars after 5 hours of hunting yesterday.

In my opinion, if you can justify the RNB battery, buy it. You won't regret it.

HH

RNB is the one for me
it's like going from black and white to color tv
the others steal detecting time
and in my opinion that's a crime
so don't you stick with something crappy
get the one that will keep you happy !:rofl:

dirt doctor said:
RNB is the one for me
get the one that will keep you happy !:rofl:[/quote

Sounds like an advertisement to me lol. The other batteries will only steal from your detecting time if you don't charge them and even then you just stick in some AAs. The RNB batteries are lithium ion and if you look at page 15 on your manual it clearly states " Warning do not use rechargeable lithium ion batteries they may void your warranty "

RNB battery is amazing .

robertj298 said:
dirt doctor said:
RNB is the one for me
get the one that will keep you happy !:rofl:[/quote

Sounds like an advertisement to me lol. The other batteries will only steal from your detecting time if you don't charge them and even then you just stick in some AAs. The RNB batteries are lithium ion and if you look at page 15 on your manual it clearly states " Warning do not use rechargeable lithium ion batteries they may void your warranty "

I was having some fun and I meant it to sound like an old time commercial . If that sounds like an advertisement so be it . I don't work for RNB , I'm just happy with their product. . Nowadays, it's nice to get a product that's worth what you pay for . I have used mine for a few months now in 2 Explorers whose warranties expired many moons ago so Minelab's going to bill me if something goes wrong anyway . I did read of some tests done by both RNB and some well experienced detectorists that the RNB recharger's light turns green when the battery is fully charged and it then stops powering up the batteries ( I have found this to be true). They actually used an instrument to read the voltage of the fully charged batteries and determined they were in safe limits ( someone please tell me if I've misread this ) . I have the confidence that this product will not damage my well loved Explorers . Incidentally the new CTX 3030 is now using the Lithium technology .Sure , I can use the stock rechargeables and AA's but I choose not to when this makes it easier and quicker . Thank you for reading and commenting on my post .

RNB is the only way to go. it works and works well and is worth every penny and then some. I still run NiZN's and NiMh's in my other machines...but if they had a Li Ion setup for them...you can bet I would be using it. Have even considered making my own setup. Fact is ...Li-Ion is the battery of the future...much like NiMh was to the Ni-Cad. Technology moving forward. Either get on the bus...or try and decide what level of performance you will actually accept for your dollar versus time spent.

Me personally ...my time detecting is precious...and I want the most enjoyable experience I can have during that time. I won't debate 100-200 mAh batteries....I will buy the best I can afford and enjoy that. I could go on for several paragraphs about this subject...but I wont. I will just say...buy the best you can and enjoy it...as your time is only as valuable as you decide it is.

LittleJohn

dirt doctor said:
RNB is the one for me

Hey Dirt Doc,
That is the most beautiful Poem I have ever read in my entire life!
It brought tears to my eyes......

Joe-RNB

RNB said:
dirt doctor said:
RNB is the one for me

Hey Dirt Doc,
That is the most beautiful Poem I have ever read in my entire life!
It brought tears to my eyes......

Joe-RNB

Thanks Joe , I try, my wife says that sometimes I am very trying .