Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REPORT REPORT or TC and Magical 3D Ears:usan:

"NOT ONE person saw fit to acknowledge it was a good informative post. The exact opposite in fact was the verdict, so i`m obviously not alone in my view of it." Wrote Jeb

1. Well done for being a great sport Jim!!

Good hunting,

Gaz

2. "I would have thought you guys would of loved that explanation......
Made sense to me. As serious as MDer's on this site are about knowledge based learning. I'm I missing something?" Wrote JCJEXPLORER

"PS Jim ,it`s Jeb not Zeb. ! If your going to have to resort to twisting names about to try to score cheap hits for some unknown reason, then that says a lot to me. Have a good `n m8.(day)" Wrote Jeb

1. "Well if you really did understood that text JCJEPLORER your a Boffin like Jim." Wrote Jeb
Who's trying to score cheap hits?????????????

Come on Jeb, if you did not understand the post, that's OK. Move on. You took the post to another site to do what????????? (In your words) Score cheap hits on someone trying to help. Let it go.

I read some of the UK forums and walk away shaking my head at times. You guys think that all everyone searches for over here in the States is high conductive silver coins and that our ground is "easy".

Think again m8's on both accounts

The setups some of you guys across the pond use on different detectors and expound on as being the only way to go is laughable in light of what is actually needed to ferret out small low conductors in iron.

Oh contrare.. Most would do well to take a lesson or three from Mr. Pugh.

JMHO

Tom

Hi Tom.
At the end of the day ,with all things taken into account,us "over here" are only attempting to help others . (if possible) when we can ,and there are those that can use this info. Its whether you decide to act on it or not that counts. Its after all AN OPTION.(the information given )
You may find whats on offer as laughable , but its no more laughable than when we see you guys,giving out & Jotting down reams of Digital figures of this coin and that coin, and attempting to remember them all . What`s the point of that ? Because when you get digital read outs on a coin target , the coin only has to be in a bad state of corrosion or a bit missing and it will give a different read out to a Shiny one(so to speak) of the same coin.Plus you`ll need a damn good memory to recall that long list of various digital readouts of coins.
The coin also may be on their edge & and it will give a different read out to one that's sitting flat in the ground. The digital readout is there as a quick guide only.
The sound your Target makes,and the position on the screen where your Cross Hairs is , I would say ,is more important than the Digital Ferrous/Conduct readout actually. Yes look at the Digital read out, but its only a rough guide.
Its apparent that ,lot of your detectorists when detecting the target ,instead of listening to the Sound then deciding if its a "good" each way Target response worth digging , start spending much too long trying to tell what coin the Target is by trying to recall in their heads what coin falls into that category that might have jumped up onto their screen briefly in the digital readout ,to see if they could pin it down as a certain coin. Then they spend more time dithering about trying to fathom out how deep the target might be.
All time wasting exercises .
I can fully appreciate their are area`s in the USA that are really highly mineralized and difficult to break through. If that's the case, then you have a very good detector in the Explorer, and E trac, that will give you the best chances of defeating those elements.
Hey, some of our coins are low conductors too .Extremely thin Silver instead of giving a nice High tone gives a very low `Huh `sound ,and comes in half way below the bottom line of the screen, pewter also gives a low tone , and Lead tokens, and quite a few other coins. We do have our share.
We all share in the same Hobby. We ,on both sides of the pond give out information that `might` assist others to succeed in detection. It`s down to the individual whether to take that info and try it, or not. If your not happy with it don`t use it again has to be the answer.

PS. and actually, the term Tell him to come over here and we`ll sort him out ",
is actually a genuine `friendly` way of saying , " tell him to come over here to our site and we`ll help him if we can". Nothing unfriendly about that now, is there ? Maybe its the way you "want it to sound", that appeals to you better. Its obvious your taking the stance that you need assistance from no one !!!

But all the assistance in the world cannot train the ear. My old ears are analog and Jim is saying there is some info in the etracs language for us old fart analog guys. The key is finding the right settings to give our ears that info.

BTW I do not own an Etrac, Explorer or Q/S

Tom