Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Request for some new settings to try

jtram

I have been using the combine with ferrous coin (gonehunting's settings) basically since I purchased the CTX. I really like this program for most of my detecting but recently I have found two old house sites that nothing is left above ground. So you can imagine the amount of iron in the ground. I have tried switching to other preset programs but I feel something is missing. I have adjusted the sensitivity down to auto and still get a few false signals from time to time.
I can make programs on exchange 2 but would like to ask what others are using for settings in high iron environments if you don't mind sharing. If you decide to share you may have to be specific such as FE and CO lines and tone bins. I have been to the classroom forum but I can't download programs that others have posted, my Internet connection is a hair faster than dial up.

Since it looks to be raining and cold here in Arkansas in the morning I thought it might be the time to add to the program list if anyone decides to share their settings.
If you don't want to post you can email or send in a message if that would be better.

Thanks to all and HH
Jim

70 people have viewed this post and we all use the preset programs or the FE coin/combine

ive been using gone huntings setting and stock programs . all have been doing fine. as long as the files MLF file ext. on them you should be able to import them into xchange ... make sure read the exchange manual goodluck

Hope this helps. I've been killing silver and Indians with it. I run pattern 2 with just ferrous line 35 disked out.
I run my gain to 30 to hear deep targets. With that being said, i have dug targets to 11 inches with this program.

All I use is GH's setting, and I am killing it on silver and relics. I detect both trashy and non-trashy ground. I might lower the sens. a little from the usual 30 that I always use to help with the chatter if I am not in the mood to hear it. But on a normal day I keep the sens at 30. Just yesterday I got out after being away for a week and killed it with silver. Also found an old toy gun from the 20's. I was at two parks that were "hunted out" and trashy as heck.

So as far as wanting to switch to a different setting in trashy areas, I keep his setting locked in and just adjust the sens or switch to pattern 1 if the noise is to much. Even when adjusting the sens I am still finding items deep.

Vanbibr, do you think you are missing a lot of stuff with that much discr?

NO! Most sites are after 1900. which would not hold some of the coins such as silver 3 cent piece, I know
you will miss the smaller gold, but those targets would be hard to find with all the slaw in trashy area's.
Keep in mind that this is for iron infested area's. When I'm in a cleaner area, I switch to pattern 2, or to
Digger's Silver and Indian program.

When you guys have your sensitivity in manua 30 are you experiencing tons of chatter that you just deal with? I ask because if I go above 25 it's pretty chatty.

YES, that's why I run in Auto +2 or +3.

All depends where your at. I have done tests as to where I have found silver that has been surrounded heavily by iron , first I used an open screen with sens at 30 . I heard the iron("chatter"), but also heard the silver, the silver was hidden so much by the iron it didn't give off as strong of a signal as normal. Then I switched to auto +3 and couldn't find the silver at all. The depth was 7". So I came to the conclusion that keeping the sens at 30 for most of my detecting produced me the better outcome, more silver. Not saying I keep it there all the time, but when I don't want to be bombarded with chatter I do lower it a little to a more reasonable rate.

I think this is why we are out there to find coins and relics, any way possible. It isn't the easiest to just go to a park and swing the detector and find the silver, well for some it is, to really find the tough items we might need to deal with what's mostly in the ground which is iron and canslaw and junk. When I go out I don't want to miss anything over the areas I have walked, so for me hearing the chatter is just part of the game.

HH
Rocco

I'll give it a shot

It's not the sensitivity as much as the gain. I agree with Rocco somewhat. I couldnt hear targets below 5 inches in auto +3
until I ran the gain to 30. Now they just scream. And I dont have to hear the chatter. Give it a try with the pattern above. I
have installed in on 3 other CTX's, and the user's wont use anything but it. If you dont like it, you can always try something else.
But from my experience, once you try it, you wont want to use any other program either. Say goodbye to trash.

Next time out I will try your setting vanbibr. I am always open to try something new

HH
Rocco