Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Resoling boots

irnwrkr

anyone try to resole a pair of boots with a tire? Im attemting this now. The screws are just to hold it together while drying. Ill do the other boot tonite and this weekend ill take all the screws out, trim the tire to the contour of the boot and if i get some drywall screws ill put thru the bottom to help hold together

Attachments

• 24BD934F-8F12-404B-954C-5577C2CC330C.jpeg
    24BD934F-8F12-404B-954C-5577C2CC330C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
Just use “run flat” technology!! Interesting thought…..

worked them pretty hard today, held up good. Took them to the cobbler ive been to before, he was kind of impressed

I actually wondered about this a few years back . Did you strip the old sole off ? How does it feel without a heel on it ? What type of glue did you use ? Lots of questions I could have on this .
Good job .

I actually wondered about this a few years back . Did you strip the old sole off ? How does it feel without a heel on it ? What type of glue did you use ? Lots of questions I could have on this .
Good job .
i took the heel off with a saw. I dont like heels anyway, then i took a 4 1/2" grinder and smoothed all the little ridges on the bottom of the boot, and did the same with the piece of tire. The tire came from one of those little 4 wheel vehicles so its nylon thread and not difficult to cut. Then i just put contact cement on the bottom of the boot and on the tire, let it dry for about 30 minutes and attached the two. Then i put the boots on so my weight would push the two together and walked around a bit, took a razor knife and trimmed close to the original shape and then took a grinder and got it closer. Had to replace a well so i havent messed with them for a couple days but i have been wearing them and they are very comfortable. I have a pair of Ariats im going to do later, they have the safety toe, i have a pair of Danner loggers im going to do also. The only thing i botched up was one boot i didnt put enough contact cement on so i may peel that sole off, reclean and reapply. Be liberal with the contact cement. If i keep the leather in decent shape ill never ever have to buy another pair of boots

So if I try this do I ask for tire sizes or foot sizes? Would this be a cheaper way to calk boots for winter traction (using studs)? You could gauge resoling by watching the wear bars? Sorry, having fun with a neat idea but its that type of a day….😂

steel belts are harder to cut than nylon belts. I cut with a cut off wheel and when i get boot outline marked and cut ill take a sanding disc and clean up,