Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Response settings question

CanadaDig

I have tried a number of Responses and seem to go Back to Normal.....what are the pro and cons of using anything other than Normal.

I did like Pitch Hold but after it hits the first target it changes my threshold to a high pitched tone...is that normal or do I have another setting that may be off.?

What are the purposes of these different settings or is it just personal preference?

Normal tone will work; however, your normal tone is of shorter duration. Signals can be clipped when sweeping in both fast recovery on or off. Sweep speed too can cause signal clip too. And coins in close proximity to iron may cause a signal to be clipped. Using long tone the signal clipping possibilities are reduced. A clipped signal may or will sound more like a false sometimes, wheras long tone will make the signal longer and you will normally at least have enough of a duration of a signal to cause you to reinvestigate. I've only used pitch hold a little and don't like it. It may be ok for me when relic hunting but not for me when hunting coins in somewhat trashy yards.

I have great success in moderate trash with long response, while I am using my Sunray 5 inch coil......nge

squirrel1 said:
Normal tone will work; however, your normal tone is of shorter duration. Signals can be clipped when sweeping in both fast recovery on or off. Sweep speed too can cause signal clip too. And coins in close proximity to iron may cause a signal to be clipped. Using long tone the signal clipping possibilities are reduced. A clipped signal may or will sound more like a false sometimes, wheras long tone will make the signal longer and you will normally at least have enough of a duration of a signal to cause you to reinvestigate. I've only used pitch hold a little and don't like it. It may be ok for me when relic hunting but not for me when hunting coins in somewhat trashy yards.
Very true, most targets you can get in Normal, but not all. I use 100% Long.

Before I got a my ETrac a friend advised me to use long, so I went with that from the start. Took a little while to get used to but gives you more time to analyse a signal in your head. Recently I tried smooth and found I am using it all the time as it is still a long signal but takes the warble out of some signals.
I tried it one day where I had a signal that sounded good in smooth so I switched back to long and it sounded a bit like a screw cap. I dug it and it was a small silver coin about 7 inches down.
So now I just stick with smooth :)

HH

Hi Raven, Thanks....I have tried them all but I will have to give it a try in the coin Garden and try to see if I can get use to them.....The long and Smooth seems to be noisy do you turn down volume.?

I have the volume on the E Trac set at 30 and use sunray gold headphones with built in volume adjust, so I have them set at a level that doesn't hurt my ears.

HH

Te reason I use long (TTF) is a god target will give a long tone and falseing with be the same as other mode, pops and chirps...
Ray