Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Returned ring and religious medal/coin......

JB(MS)

Since a return hasn't been posted in the last two weeks I'll post a couple.

The ring in the photo is platinum. I found it in April of 2010, along with the earrings in the photo, in a graveled parking area where high school kids park. It had the students entire name inside the band and there were only two people with the same last name listed in the phone book. They were brothers who own a manufacturing plant here, and the ring belonged to the daughter of one of them. Although it doesn't look like most class rings, I was told that's what it is. I was also told they paid over $600 for it, and the girl hadn't told her parents she had lost it because she was afraid they would take her car and some of her privileges away. I returned the ring, but don't know if the girl lost any privileges.

platinumring.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a Saturday afternoon last fall, during football season, I was driving by the stadium and saw a lady walking around in a large grassy area across the street that's used for parking for the football games. She was walking slow and looking down as though she were looking for something, so I stopped and asked if something had been lost. She said yes, that her husband had lost a religious medal/coin when they attended the football game the night before that had been in his family for three generations, and he was so upset about losing it that he was physically ill. She said it was silver and about the size of a half dollar. I got a detector out and hunted until it was almost dark, but didn't find it. As we were leaving I told her I would come back and if it was there I would find it, and she gave me their phone number so I could call if or when I found it. I hunted the entire area the next day but didn't find it and went back Monday and hunted for several hours with the same results. The next day I expanded the search area across a graveled drive that goes to the back of the community center and within a few minutes I found an aluminum religious coin/medal that was closer to silver dollar size than to half dollar size. It was the lost religious medal/coin, but she said she was at a loss as to how it got where I had found it as they hadn't been within 50 yards of where it was found.

Thank you for posting your stories. Possibly a bird had picked it up and moved the medallion. They like shiny things. Thanks again for your post and HH, Nancy

Thanks for your stories JB. I can see a kid finding the token on the ground and seeing how far he could make it fly. Not that I haven't done that myself a time or two.....:devil: