Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Returned ring.

7centsworth

A few years back I was detecting a yard when I dug a really nice gold class ring. It looked like it was just lost but it was 19 years old. It had the name in it so I started my search . To my suprise I looked in the phone book of that town and he still lived there, I gave him a call and got his little boy I told him to have his Dad give me a call. So the next day I get a call from a very excited man and we agreed to meet half way as he lived about 45 miles from me. When I handed him the ring he started to cry and I was on cloud nine just being able to get it back to him. He said that I did not know what it meant to him to get it back. He said he had been having a bad week and then he finds about me finding his ring and that he was now having a much better week. He said he had give the class ring to his girlfriend at that time and she had it for three days and lost it. He offered me 100 dollars but I told him no way was I taking anything I knew who's ring it was and it would have been wrong for me to keep it and just seeing his smile was worth more than any 100 dollars. Glad I could return it.

Wow!! Cool story! You did good getting that ring back to him, Thanks for sharing!!

This is what's it's all about guys.......:thumbup:

The more I read, the bigger my smile is getting. You guys rock! HH, Nancy

I think me have found myself a new topic in the forum index that will become one of my favourites...

"He said he had been having a bad week and then he finds about me finding his ring and that he was now having a much better week."