Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Returning Detectorist! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Locozilla

Hello Fellow Detectorist,
I was a member here long ago and unfortunately due to some real life "Debbie Downer" moments and battling Depression, I have sold off my detectors & havent been hunting in 4 years =( BUT I'm coming back baby! Hehe. I have been out of the loop for 4 years now and have no idea details on all the new Detectors that have surfaced over the last 4 years.

I am looking for a new affordable workhorse, and after doing a bit of research and youtube watching, I have decided on the Nokta Makro Simplex+ for my solo go-to detector for right now, after I get back into the swing of things I will probably get another 2 or so Detectors. For me tho the Simplex+ is a AWESOME options for me, great features, good depth, waterproof which is amazing for a detector this nice and this affordable! Also I am going to opt out of the Wireless Headphones, atm I'm on a very strict and tight budget. In the future tho, I think I'm going to get a Equinox 600 next (or possibly a Minelab Manticore, but I'm still doing some research on the Manticore), after one of those 2 I will be getting a XP Deus 2 for sure, as long as I stick with the hobby and hunt like I use to in the past, I will for SURE be getting a XP Deus 2!

So what do you guys think? The Simplex+ a good choice for me to come back to the hobby with? I have owned so many different Detectors. I THINK around 12 or so I've owned maybe a few more but somewhere around there. Out of all the Detectors I've own the White's Spectra V3i was my BY FAR favorite Detector, if it wasn't so heavy I would definitely buy it again but unfortunately I was in a horrible motorcycle accident years and years ago and left me with Back & Hip issues and unfortunately swinging a 5lb+ detector just isn't ideal. My 2nd favorite Detector was the XP Deus Original and I absolutely loved that thing too, the flexibility and configuration options is/was amazing, especially for someone like me who is disabled and greatly benefits from running the Deus barebone and having jt weigh only around ONE pound!

Again, since I've been out of the loop for so long, I'm not sure if anything compares or what is best for me next, I mean I feel very confident that the Simplex+ is definitely the best choice for me for coming back, but I'm definitely still in the air about the next in the arsenal, I have to do much more research, but it also doesn't hurt to ask all you folks on what you think after hearing what my favorite Detectors are and why, etc. And my current health situation. If you think there is a great option for someone with a bad back and hip. I will be keeping the Simplex+ as well when i get another in the arsenal, so the 2ndary detector doesnt NEED to be waterproof. So basically just looking for something with great depth, nice options, on the lighter side and around $500-$600.

Thanks Everyone,
Rich (Locozilla)

Welcome back, the Simplex will fit the bill for you. Also you can find some pretty decent deals now that guys are moving on to the Legend.
You should be able to get a nice used unit for under $200. Good luck

Hello Rich , right now is a great time to get back into detecting. With several new releases of high end detectors, the used market has lots of excellent priced detectors to be had !! Glad you are back in the hobby, it’s great therapy to detect all day long !HH Tony

Here's a suggestion. The Legend is waterproof like the Simplex, just as deep and has more options than it or the 600, is pretty comparable to the Deus 2 and even better for small gold. It is only slightly higher priced than the Simplex and would help with your tight budget very much in the future. And if you feel you need a backup later, a used original Deus can be found for the $500 to $600 you mentioned. Total of both would be less than for one Manticore at a later date and I doubt it will find you much more than with the Legend and original Deus. Welcome back!

Welcome Back.

I would go with the Legend.
Closer in functions and settings compared to your favorites.
I believe the Simplex would bore you.

I was a member here long ago and unfortunately due to some real life "Debbie Downer" moments and battling Depression, I have sold off my detectors & havent been hunting in 4 years =( BUT I'm coming back baby! Hehe. I have been out of the loop for 4 years now and have no idea details on all the new Detectors that have surfaced over the last 4 years.

I am looking for a new affordable workhorse, and after doing a bit of research and youtube watching, I have decided on the Nokta Makro Simplex+ for my solo go-to detector for right now, after I get back into the swing of things I will probably get another 2 or so Detectors. For me tho the Simplex+ is a AWESOME options for me, great features, good depth, waterproof which is amazing for a detector this nice and this affordable! Also I am going to opt out of the Wireless Headphones, atm I'm on a very strict and tight budget. In the future tho, I think I'm going to get a Equinox 600 next (or possibly a Minelab Manticore, but I'm still doing some research on the Manticore), after one of those 2 I will be getting a XP Deus 2 for sure, as long as I stick with the hobby and hunt like I use to in the past, I will for SURE be getting a XP Deus 2!

So what do you guys think? The Simplex+ a good choice for me to come back to the hobby with? I have owned so many different Detectors. I THINK around 12 or so I've owned maybe a few more but somewhere around there. Out of all the Detectors I've own the White's Spectra V3i was my BY FAR favorite Detector, if it wasn't so heavy I would definitely buy it again but unfortunately I was in a horrible motorcycle accident years and years ago and left me with Back & Hip issues and unfortunately swinging a 5lb+ detector just isn't ideal. My 2nd favorite Detector was the XP Deus Original and I absolutely loved that thing too, the flexibility and configuration options is/was amazing, especially for someone like me who is disabled and greatly benefits from running the Deus barebone and having jt weigh only around ONE pound!

Again, since I've been out of the loop for so long, I'm not sure if anything compares or what is best for me next, I mean I feel very confident that the Simplex+ is definitely the best choice for me for coming back, but I'm definitely still in the air about the next in the arsenal, I have to do much more research, but it also doesn't hurt to ask all you folks on what you think after hearing what my favorite Detectors are and why, etc. And my current health situation. If you think there is a great option for someone with a bad back and hip. I will be keeping the Simplex+ as well when i get another in the arsenal, so the 2ndary detector doesnt NEED to be waterproof. So basically just looking for something with great depth, nice options, on the lighter side and around $500-$600.

Thanks Everyone,
Rich (Locozilla)
The Simplex is a decent single frequency detector, and if that is all your budget will allow then you cannot go wrong, the Simplex detects way above its price point I own a Simplex Plus it runs 12 KHz is totally water proof, if you will be detecting mild to moderate ground the simplex would be a good one to get you back in the hobby, but if you are going to be detecting ground that is highly mineralized, with tons of iron the simplex will drive you nuts with how chatty it is, the tones on the simplex are not the best either, they remind me of a duck quacking, and are a little to screechy for my taste

like others have stated if your budget will allow, for a few dollars more you can step up to a Nokta Legend, Nokta is the same people that make the Simplex Plus, the Legend is vary similar to the Equinox 800, the Legend has a much better build quality than the Nox 600 and 800 and the Legend is also completely water proof, both the Nox 600 and 800 has had many reports of drowning when dunked in water, some say they have had no issues with drowning their Equinox, but like I said there have been many reports of Nox users drowning theirs, there has been only 1 issue reported on the Legends and that issue is speaker failure but Nokta quickly resolved that issue and fixed the speakers that have failed on the Legend the Legend is a SMF (simultaneous Multi frequency detector) just like the Nox 600 and 800
I own two Legends and Like them vary much

if you decide to go with a Equinox go with the Nox 700 over the 600 simply because the 700 is new to the Market and also because of the known issues with the Nox 600 and 800s

No one has really had the Nox 700 or 900 long enough to actually give yo a good solid review as of yet so use your best judgement as to which detector you purchase

also another suggestion I have which ever detector you decide to purchase stay away from Flea Bay and Amazon, go with a reputable dealer that actually sales metal detectors

Do your self a huge favor and go look at each detector that has been mentioned and then come back with questions that you may have

Welcome back. I was out for 15 years so you could imagine the changes i seen.
I never even heard of Nokta Makro and chose the legend when it was original price. Best choice i made and especially now as its only slightly more than the simplex. it can be used just like a simplex and its something you can grow into that is on par with detectors like the 600,800. I’ve always said its like multiple detectors in one. As others have also said for all the different reasons your getting more for less especially that your already considering getting multiple detectors. But in the end really swing what makes you happy.

Thanks Everyone,
Rich (Locozilla)
TRy the LEGEND first cannot beat it for the money! :clap:

Ditto x 100