Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rick’s Manta Manifesto

I used multiple signal samples and in the fly back wave...... and the real trick then was multiple sample widths ..... steal have it some where in the barn last time i looked..... i wanted to learn and dabbled in microelectronic source and C code. Wanted to build underwater robots that would harvest gold and salvage ... but so many projects..... at the time like Eric's machines any time you loaded a discrimination circuit into the matrix it lost depth....So naturally you had to have the deepest circuits with a lot of variables to work around even the battery and voltage used can drastically effect Noise .....So i made a deep pulse and had a multi switch to toggle in to very different samples... 2 pots to adjust the amount of iron discrimination.... it knocked out or bonged on a hammer but give a sweet sound on U.S. nickle........kinda like the old tr water machines i started out with..... after playing with that i focused all my attention on sound and target audio manipulation the Cuda also had a No motion mode 30- 40 percent deeper if you had the swicth and Pot to tune no motion...... Yes i still have my Barracuda's...... I am now retired since 2015 and pretty much do what i want when i want ... got 2 grand sons and look forward to teaching them to waterhunt land sea and Air......

did not mean to get off in a tangent...... Shawn,my Son and I still hunt pretty regular year round we find nice stuff we focus on 1700's rest just gets in the way....
I watched the french gentle Man with his Mantis and listened closely to the audio even though the targets where on top of the ground....Beach the crossed Nails with the gold ring under.... it I assume......Very Impressive..... And i must Say... I did like the Audio ......the right pitch is critical the sounds seem spot on .....these things have to have volume if you want hear over your regulator.....fisher was the first water phones i copied ...i was a fisher repair center back when they where still in California ..... I have most of the Fisher schematics in my collection as well as Nautilus 2b Jerry Tyndall schematic that he signed when i was visiting him and helping build coils to learn firsthand from the Master..... Jerry is good people, he had the first patent on TR discrimination......gave me the key to his shop...liked his albino squirrel Moe at his house..... I told him first sign of snow i would be going back south.....I used to bend handles for his 2 b in my barn....... and many more schematics..... Past 5 years rebuilding telefunken other classic tube radios ...just what i needed more projects.... but i cant resist.... just have to have my hunt time chasin ole yeller....
[attachment 359276 jimP1840.JPG]

three years need to make it happen technology waits for No one..... needs to be tested in the (USA) the Market

Happy Trails
jimpugh

lytle78 said:
They are well aware this is not a mass-market machine. I suspect also that they are putting off setting a price target for this until they have a firmer grasp on the scope of its usefulness and appeal. The GPZ costs $7000 - why? - because it finds gold nuggets better than any other detector in the world and gold is valuable - Minelab charges a kind of tax on gold. If the Manta can demonstrate that it really finds gold jewelry in salt water better than any machine in the world it will totally dominate an admittedly niche market - fortunately, I doubt that Fisher is interested in “taxing gold” - so I’m sure the price will be much more reasonable.

Given that testing on the MANTA has shown it to be more powerful than any of Eric’s machines, and that it is therefore likely deeper than your DFPI, I’d start saving my money if I were you. Lol

This Manta intrigues me. My concern is that with the investment Fisher has made with the Manta and it's engineering group and the precedent that Minelab has made in the market with their top end 'gold' machine, that we are going to see this new Fisher detector priced out of the recreational market.

Rich -

Nobody knows (outside First Texas) what their pricing plans are for the new PI detector. They have no history of silly pricing. We will have to wait and see, but today’s detector market makes me think it will be priced reasonably. Just my guess of course.