Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ridiculous charging adapters

Big Treble

Ok my only struggle with this is these silly adapters to convert to the US electric outlets.

As I grabbed a phone charger adapters, I thought I'd check the manual to see if there were Amp requirements. I then see the warning not to use anything other than the supplied charger. AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!! This is akin to the 'do not remove this label from your mattress under penalty of law'

While I'm 98% sure using any other UL listed 5v USB style charger would be fine, anyone have any other advise on this? I hate to cook anything.

I strongly agree. I think it will break very easily. Or just not stay pluged it with the weight of the plug wire. Hope you get a reply soon. Jim

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it. My solution was to hot glue the adapter into place and then I applied some large tube shrink wrap over the two. After the first couple weeks I stopped using the supplied charger and now charge with the same charger I use to charge my phone. So far no problems by only time will tell.

Which detector are you trying to charge? Multi Kruzer or the Anfibio?

I’ve sent in a request to Nokta dealing with this question on the Anfibio. No response yet. If trying to charge the Kruzer, there is a simple step to convert it to US standards. You take the Kruzer charger & slip off the end that has the two straight prongs. It will slip apart. Next you need an ipad charger. Slip it apart & you then have the standard US connection in your hand. Slip that piece onto your Kruzer charger. They fit together perfectly. You now have a factory Kruzer charger with a standard US connector. That is what I use to charge my multi Kruzer.

The Anfibio charger has a different design from the Kruzer series so the above info will not work with changing the charger. That is why I sent Nokta a question. But on further review I see both detectors use the same size battery. So it looks like my Multi Kruzer charger should work fine with my US conversion. I may wait on a response from Nokta before I try it but I see no reason why it should not work.

Here is a link of the conversion method posted by one of our members.

US Conversion posted by Sven

You just use the USB pod plug in that is with the Wireless Headphone and use that pod charge the detector battery cable

I use that pod to charge the detector battery ... Any usb port should work for the headphone

Hello all.. just wanted to let you guys know that based on customer complaints and requests, we are now in the process of changing the AC adaptors to have regular US plugs for all products moving forward.

Thanks all and a special thanks to Dilek. Just sent the email now, but honestly, I just posted this 7 hours ago on a forum and I get a response from the manufacturer, that's pretty impressive. To top it off it sounds as if they are taking action to correct the situation.

Hats off to Dilek and Nokta Detectors

Sataro said:
Which detector are you trying to charge? Multi Kruzer or the Anfibio?

I’ve sent in a request to Nokta dealing with this question on the Anfibio. No response yet. If trying to charge the Kruzer, there is a simple step to convert it to US standards. You take the Kruzer charger & slip off the end that has the two straight prongs. It will slip apart. Next you need an ipad charger. Slip it apart & you then have the standard US connection in your hand. Slip that piece onto your Kruzer charger. They fit together perfectly. You now have a factory Kruzer charger with a standard US connector. That is what I use to charge my multi Kruzer.

The Anfibio charger has a different design from the Kruzer series so the above info will not work with changing the charger. That is why I sent Nokta a question. But on further review I see both detectors use the same size battery. So it looks like my Multi Kruzer charger should work fine with my US conversion. I may wait on a response from Nokta before I try it but I see no reason why it should not work.

Here is a link of the conversion method posted by one of our members.

US Conversion posted by Sven

My Anfibio. Switched back to android so I don't have any of those adapters but it seems like I have dozens of 120 to USB laying around

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello all.. just wanted to let you guys know that based on customer complaints and requests, we are now in the process of changing the AC adaptors to have regular US plugs for all products moving forward.

Just got my Multi in Dec, Free upgrade?

Big Treble said:
Thanks all and a special thanks to Dilek. Just sent the email now, but honestly, I just posted this 7 hours ago on a forum and I get a response from the manufacturer, that's pretty impressive. To top it off it sounds as if they are taking action to correct the situation.

Hats off to Dilek and Nokta Detectors

That’s the great thing about this company. They actually listen to the customers & take care of them.

Wish I would have waited! With all the crap hanging in the 110V plug, the Makro charger won't stay plugged in. Maybe Makro gets this all sorted out they will help us out with a reduced price on the newly designed charger.

I use a double usb wall plug to charge headphones and Multi at the same time... see the pic

IMG-20190112-153521.jpg
[/url][/img]

(got that advice from Sven, Cdn rep)

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello. Can you please send me your email address to dilek@noktadetectors.com or via PM so I can check?

Email has been sent.

Billy Tallant

Sataro said:
Hello. Can you please send me your email address to dilek@noktadetectors.com or via PM so I can check?

Email has been sent.

Billy Tallant

I sent my email address and have heard nothing.

Oh well I'm glad they are changing it for others, really not a huge deal as long as I can use any UL Listed USB charger, like many people, I have a few laying around.

I have a few myself, but found that the supplied charger does it much quicker. So not a big deal, at least for me.

OK guys.. we got 2 emails about the chargers... and we responded to both today...so please check.
Basically, yes USB chargers are OK but we are also changing the US AC adaptors to US plugs.

Thank you!

Received an email this morning. My question was could I use my Multi Kruzer charger with my Anfibio.
(Yes you can as this is the same charger that is used in both devices.
Regards
Volkan)

I did not receive the same charger with my Anfibio but this solves my problem. Now I’m set to go...

Nokta Detectors said:
OK guys.. we got 2 emails about the chargers... and we responded to both today...so please check.
Basically, yes USB chargers are OK but we are also changing the US AC adaptors to US plugs.

Thank you!

Thank you for the follow up on this.