Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Riding the back roads of South Texas..............

Kelley (Texas)

These are a few pictures taken the last few years while riding my bike on the back roads of South Texas. I took lots of pictures, met many interesting people, some who have become friends, and took tons of notes about my adventures. Some day I will put all the bits and pieces together and write a journal about my South Texas adventures. Below are a few of the pictures that I have taken. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 169184 DSC01446.JPG]

[attachment 169185 IMG_1365.JPG]

[attachment 169186 hayscounty_1.jpg]

[attachment 169187 goatbarn_1.jpg]

[attachment 169188 longhorn_10A.jpg]

[attachment 169189 PannaMariaPostOffice_M2.jpg]

love to do Fred. I learned from my years of coast to coast truck driving that there are lots of wonderfull American people
off of the beaten path. Not to meantion the best meals. :thumbup:
i hope that some day my health allows mt do exactly what you did.
Thanx for sharin'
Nice Boulevard !!!

n/t

Many of the sites that I visited were towns that were dying, but still had old folks living in them. I would ride around the town, taking lots of pictures and notes. Please note that metal detecting was not my primary reason for being in the small town, but rather I was there for recording the historical aspect of the area. One small town had an old emtpy hotel where I found a wheat penny near the foot of the steps leading to the second floor. After taking the picture, I was walking around the old hotel when I spotted the penny on the surface of the ground. I must admit that I wished that I had brought a metal detector with me. This is a picture of the old hotel.

[attachment 169210 OldBuilding_35-25-08.jpg]

I found this old ball field right in the middle of town. Someone had recently cut the grass and it would have been easy metal detecting the site.

[attachment 169211 Fentress_4.jpg]

When cool weather arrives, I plan on driving back out to this old town and spending the day metal detecting. Say, I hope that I do not get in trouble for posting this story on this Forum...I don't believe this is what Gary had in mind when he created it. As such, I will not be posting something like this again on this Forum. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t