Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rigits Demo Video

Rigit

Just thought I would share my latest test video with everyone.
I tested the Pro 11.5" and 8" Explorer coils.

I also tested my old faithful XLT but have not uploaded that video as it would upset a lot of XLT owners.

You can see the video on my web site Rigit's E-Track Pages

n/t

n/t

Martin, I really enjoyed your video with the E-Trac and the circle of trash. I've been reading the online manual, but I'm unable to guess about the various modes and settings on the machine when you ran your test. Whatever they were they really worked well!

If you have any notes on how the machine was set up for the test, could you pass them on?

The pattern was and sensitivity was the same as the Graph on the web page.

Tones ID ferrous
Number of tones = 4
Sensitivity Auto 16 + 1

I will down load the pattern and mode settings later and start an exchange area on the web page.

Tones ID ferrous
Number of tones = 4
Sensitivity Auto 16 + 1

I will down load the pattern and mode settings later and start an exchange area on the web page.

Tones ID ferrous
Number of tones = 4
Sensitivity Auto 16 + 1

I won't be able to reply to your PMs until later after work.

Did you try and duplicate that other guys video to see which nail positions would cause it to null? I am guessing that when you put nails around it as you did in a circle, the machine thinks they are mineralization and doesn't respond to them. Whereas, if they are on only one side or in a line, it's then that they interfere and mask the target. That is the only thing I can think of to cause that experiment to work and the other guy's to fail.:shrug: I think the results would be pretty interesting.

digitrich said:
Did you try and duplicate that other guys video to see which nail positions would cause it to null? I am guessing that when you put nails around it as you did in a circle, the machine thinks they are mineralization and doesn't respond to them. Whereas, if they are on only one side or in a line, it's then that they interfere and mask the target. That is the only thing I can think of to cause that experiment to work and the other guy's to fail.:shrug: I think the results would be pretty interesting.[/quote

I actually started with the in-line two nail test and it gave even better results than the circle in the video, I think the reason it worked so well was that I was using a pre 1947 UK shilling, these have a good silver content, doesn't work as well on modern coins but there again you can stick some of our modern stuff to a magnet.

I did the same test on a old florin and its was even better than the shilling but I only posted the shilling results as I felt that it would be a better comparison to the US silver coins, if I got it wrong let me know and I will try and get my hands on some silver us coins.

I still have more video, unfortunately I no longer own an Explorer so I cant do a comparison, however when I start going out with our club members again one of them owners all three Explorer models so it will be interesting to see how the machines compare in the field.

More video tests will follow and hopefully if the weather improves I will try a buried coin with nails and see what happens.

as I think am making way too many friends. Went from "hey, you got a interesting point there:shrug:" to: Geesh, will some one shut that guy up, already:rant:". I at some point this week am going to set up the same tests, with the same settings others did and if I can't duplicate it, maybe there is something amiss with the timings on mine or something or she don't like dry ground at all and I should send it in to ML. It really bothers me that at 3 am in the morning, I could "see through a bag of coal slag and hot rocks" and pick up the silver quarter like they didn't exist, and then after turning it off and turning it back on again just 8 hours later without changing any of the settings and being in the exact same spot in my garage, I couldn't duplicate the experiment for my hunting partner son who was sitting there saying, "no really dad, I believe you, a purple rabbit with a pink curly tail" Just wait until you see this, I said. He's still waiting. Well it is raining here, we got about a half inch of rain, wish it had been more. I am going to master reboot it again and see if between that and the rain if it doesn't start pulling deeper targets. If she don't, I will have the first one to be repaired, imagine they couldn't be too busy in the ML ETrac repair room, a week after launch. :)

I recon your son must have sneaked in the garage during the early hours and hidden a cast iron cauldron in that sack. :lol:

Lets hope it all comes right for you, I was getting a good 10" on the coin in the video with Auto 16 +1
When I was using this machine in the field it seemed to be a lot more sensitive running at Auto 17 + 1 than when I swapped to Manual 17 also I noticed I started to get false signals in Manual 17 even though it was the same ref number as Auto, strange or what?

I have to hand it to ML, this thing just about tells you the date of the coins Before you dig them, the conductive scale is VERY well thought out, at least for US coins, I am not familiar with other areas of the world. I have absolutely NO problem with ML's new 12 ferrous straight line other than not having low iron tones to go with it at the same time. Some one at ML should of said, hey wait a minute, how are they going to open up the screen??? I really can't get off of that can I? Well, hear on a positive note: Wait until you use audio long or smooth in trash, they were a little hard to take with the SE, but a little more comfortable with this ETrac. If I could get some depth at the same time, this thing would clean up. When I put it long and auto +3 with the 4.5x7 Excel, I couldn't walk a foot without hitting a coin, problem was it wouldn't pick up deeper than 4 inches at the time. The neat thing was I had just walked through the area swinging the Pro 11 and only found 1 coin. Coming back swinging the same ground in the exact opposite direction, with the long set up, I was smashing them. If I could get 6-7 inches depth with that kind of separation, I could tolerate not having all metal and I could quit my day job, but at a certain point, I would need all metal to be able to pull out the last drop. Maybe the rain will give me my two inches.:detecting:

digitrich said:
Maybe the rain will give me my two inches:
Not a chance, I was out in it all day Sunday and when I had a bath later I definitely didn't get an extra two inches :crylol: