Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring 19 is Tungsten

Clad2Hunt

Picked this up on the same field but different end as the 950 ring I posted earlier. Field and track so crowded that had to stay on edge right next to track. Worked and didn't take long. Came in at 27 and had a higher tone than a pop tab. Rare month for me to find more rings than silver coins.

Ive been running my settings on 16 sensitivity and low trash. I move my coil a little faster than most and when I get a bleep I stop and use PP to get on top of Target then work it in different directions to get best tone and TDI. Most of these targets are going to be at most 3" so at this time do not worry about deeper targets. Recent drops. Even my thin gold rings have been coming in at 18, 19 TDI. Low trash pushes my nickels to 15, 16.

Clad, when you hunt low trash and see your nickels pushed up the scale, do you also see pulltabs go up in TID?

I do see some move up but only the bulkier ones that I call figure 8 or the newer ones. Most still stay in the 12 to 14 area. Nickels are 14 to 16 and have a solid TID from both directions where a tab will move a number one way or another. Some of the bigger old style circle tabs come in around 29, 30 but will bounce also.