Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rings, Rings. more Rings.

jerseyjim

We were hunting along a beach in NJ. I noticed a few old pilings sticking up from the water. It was an extremely low tide, they called it a strawberry tide.I started hunting along the pilings and before long I got my first hit. It turned out to be a ring. The next hit was also a ring. I called my hunting partner over at that point. Two rings in a row, I knew something strange was going on. We continued to hunt the area, I found 8 rings and he found 5. As you can see in the photo, the gold color rings seem to be cheap. They are gold, they were all gold and two silver ones. The rings appear to be very old, they are very pitted from being in the water for so long. I also found a button that seems to be from mid 19 Th century. It is a plain copper button, nothing on it. Any of you guys that know about buttons, I would appreciate your comments. The only thing that we came up with is that the rings were throwing from the dock that was once there years ago. There was four initial rings that were the same only different initials. If any of you guys & Gals have an idea of how all of these rings wound up in the same place, please let me hear from you.
I was hunting in the beach mode, salt water and my signals were jumping around on a couple of them. Go to show you, you have to dig them all.
Jim

Can you post a better picture of the flat button, front and back. Can you tell what it's made of? Great finds, those rings are awesome!

The yellow initial rings are all the same style... also are not solid shanks. Are you saying they are solid gold? If they have any pitting, they ate probably plated.
Was this a public beach on the ocean side orvthe DE bay side.

Not trying to get your location but more of an idea for over our side in Delaware.

Thanks?
Mike

The shanks on the gold initial rings sort of fold over. I thought they were costume jewelery . I gave them an acid test and it came back that they were gold. They read 12-07, 12-11 on my beach , ferrous-coin mode. I am having trouble with posting the picture of the flat button. I will try again later. The button reads 12-32 on the ferrous-coin mode. The thin silver rings were reading a solid 12-44, the thin gold one reads 12-29,12-30. The ring that looks like a wedding or engagement ring had a diamond in it. I put it in the tumbler and it fell out, it is in the garage some where, It reads a solid 12-29.
The one that has all the cut outs, and is gray looking gave a reading 12-02. I think it might be white gold. The ring with the Amber color stone reads 12-14-12-17. I hope the numbers help you Dave. They were jumping around a little. I go mostly by audio, I might have passed a few of them up if I went by the numbers.This area is a tidal flat, mostly covered by watter.The numbers were jumping a little.

The area in which I found the rings is in the bay, I can't tell you what bay.It was a very low tide. It was not the usual sandy bottom. It was more like a muck and stone, very hard. This is the reason that I also believe the rings were there for a long time. They were from 4 to 6 inches deep. I realize things move quickly in a sandy bottom, but this was not a sandy bottom that you normally encounter at the NJ shore. I am sorry Mike, I can't give you to much information. The place would be jammed with people.I went back on a normal low tide a few days ago. I couldn't get close to where the rings were found. I had waders on and that didn't do me any good. I couldn't penetrate the bottom with a long handle scoop. The bottom is the hardest I ever came across down the shore. That is about the best hint I can give you Mike. I have to wait until a full moon tide or a new moon one.I hope this helped you guys and gals, I will try to post better pictures of the button, I am curious of the year it was used.

Jimmy

Jimmy, info good snd I can read into it. It certainly gives me a couple leads for the Indian river bay, over hear in Delaware. I have just the right spot to try it. Thanks for the tips and eye opener! If you want to come to my spot in De, let me know. If your in south Jersey, have to do the ferry.
Take care and thanks again!

if gold has been in salt water a long time and isn't pure the other metals can corrode seen to many fine low K rings come out of the salt and fall apart in my hands like a crime was committed to see it so yes it can happen.

doesn't mean they are not gold just not pure a tumble will clean up more solid rings if they have some cancer showing through even a quick electrolysis zap can kill the cancer and then a tumble...

nice patch there :bouncy:

AJ