Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RnB Battery

BarberDan

I really wish they would make one for the CTX. I love the one I have for my E-Trac and would really like to have one for the CTX 3030. Hopefully someday soon...they will design one. I tend to hunt for many hours and generally have to switch battery packs, which sometimes means I have to walk back to my vehicle....which could mean a mile or two. lol

repack the one you have its pretty easy get some good batterys and they will last for days.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2172718

AJ

I don't think that's going to happen for the CTX.----I talked to Joe a week or so ago & he made no mention of it.-----I'm with you----I wish he would make one for the CTX!

post them to me I will do them for 50 bucks plus shipping and battery's. probably not cost affective, but when your packs pack it in send them to me if you don't want them I will pay for shipping !

AJ

D&P you should ask him for one! I bet he'd sell enough to make it worth his time.

BarberDan said:
Amberjack...could it be done with the AA battery pack?

there are batteries that are rechargeable AA size that charge to 1.5 volts and that's why I was asking about power draw as I think they are regulated and might get hot if the draw is over 2 amps so that's why I opened up the li ion pack and put new ones in those 4 batteries in the li ion pack fully charged comes to 16.4 volts so the circuit board in the li ion pack must regulate the power to the machine and then the machine will also regulate.

don't be scared of these batteries if you use a laptop you use them every day that's what powers a laptop.

so short answer is yes you could use NiZn batteries in the AA pack they charge to 1.6 volts but the tech is not so flash you can also get li ion batteries that are AA size that charge to 4.2 volts but might have to get some dummies not sure but they don't hold near as much juice as the 18650's it really is a easy fix get some now 3400mah 4 of those in there made in japan ones you gunna get many hrs of hunt time more hrs than I can swing the ctx.

bit of solder and a iron and 4 new batteries and hr or so and you're set for many many long days and recharges and cost what 40 bucks :clapping:

AJ

I must add that the li ion pack the way the batteries are arranged its more about fuel than volts.

I put 8 NiZn batteries in the etrac and it wouldn't fire up to much volts, look on ebay for those.

these are the same size as an AA battery http://www.batteryjunction.com/14500-category.html might be worth a try I haven't tried them but fuel is low , heaps of volts not much run time and might have to run some dummy's with them..

so the repack like I did still the best option as far as I can see :bouncy:

AJ