Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RNB EX3000 Excalibur Charge voltage

Tony

For those of you that use the RNB EX3000 battery for your Excalibur, can you recall what the battery voltage shows after coming off the charger?

My brand new pack read 12.15 volts which feels a bit low but I'm not sure. This equates to 4.16v per cell (3 cell pack).

Thanks.
Tony

dewcon4414 said:
Mine reads 12.48.

Thanks for that.......RNB got back to me and said my voltage was normal and can fluctuate.

HH,
Tony

Any battery can be OVER charged..... but quickly goes to normal under load. RNB keeps their battery at around 12dcv. I remember it was the same with the Explorer..... but amazing how long they last.

It has a BMS (battery management system) which is a small PCB that controls how much it charges to. It's limit is 12.6 volts.

Thanks everyone.......I actually ran it for several hours and then after fully recharging, the pack read 12.35v so "fluctuate" it certainly does.
In future, I will most likely run the unit/battery for 30 hours and see what capacity is left (not that "voltage" is capacity).
I was also thinking that maybe the pack should be recharged out of the pod......heat build up/pressure a problem ??

Tony

Fully charged, your battery should charge to 12.60

Never a heat issue in the battery pod.

Thanks OBN..........saves me opening the pod for recharging !