Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ROAD TRIP!!! :detecting: Long Post!

Who told you (or ...... where did you get your information) that you needed a "permit" to hunt a particular city's parks? It's very rare for any city in the USA to have anything about that. It's usually just a non-addressed area, and you're usually ignored (as you have seen), unless you're being a nuisance of some sort. So pray-tell, where did you get your information, to begin with?

Oh, and odd that you got a police person to sign ANYTHING "giving you permission" to do something. Usually that's the fastest way to get a "no" (where perhaps no one would ever have cared, *till* you asked). For example, we had someone do that in our town (a skittish person who felt they needed signed "permission"). They waltzed around city hall and the police station, and finally got someone to tell them "no". What was odd though, is the city parks here are just routinely detected, and it's never been a problem. Thus you have to ask yourself: why did the person feel he needed permission? I mean, would you "need permission" to fly a frisbee?

So do tell, who told you this particular city had a permit system, to begin with?

Great story Mike! I was "glued" the whole time! What a drive and "what" finds! Thanks for taking us along and the pictures!

NebTrac

I found a few of those 12.5 cent tokens in Utah. If I remember right that was the price for one shot. I am sure somebody will corect me if I am wrong. Loved your seated coins, I have only found three seated dimes my whole time detecting. Two were drowning and one was on a golf course.

I hope the new year brings you joy and peace.

Great digs. Great tale. It WILL turn around for you. Cheers!